Chapter 14

"Wait, wait, wait. You're invited to the premiere of the new Chaos Walking movie?" I said and promptly choked on my burger.

Peter pouted. We landed in New Jersey. Peter, like any native New Yorker, wanted to leave immediately but I was hungry. So we were in a little burger joint.  Also, I didn't want to go back. To Felicia, the others' pity, to Shadab's question- which I was hella confused about.

walks towards me with a hungry look  

"There's no need to be so surprised, y'know. I am famous and I like watching these type of movies. This  is the 3rd movie.......right?" He ended the very unconvincing sentence, looking confused. I was making him suffer intentionally and he knew it.

  suffer because she wanted to and she was psychotic  

I pummelled his arm. "You-" *punch* "aren't-" *punch* '"even-" *punch* "sure-" *punch* "which-"    *punch* "movie! I'm the one who loves Tom Holland more than anything but life!'' The name 'Tom' almost made me stop but I thought 'no'. Its time to stop running annd avoiding. Speaking of avoiding, Peter didn't even block my attacks. It may not have hurt him but he could've done it for my dignity.

  lifts her arms to touch my breasts and I instinctively threw out my arms to block but

He looked at me, a little annoyed and a little misty eyed. *??????*

"You are just as impossible."

   shivering in the cold air, feeling as vulnerable as  

I popped a fry in my mouth. "Generally, I'd say 'I try' but considering your t-shirt has 'Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'm possible', I won't." I raise my brow.

"You seem awfully cavalier considering you went through something traumatic." He reaches for my hand and my frazzled nerves seem to just fray. His warm, yet cool hand seems to just make all the sudden thoughts of her go away.  But his action startled me and I snatched my hand away and it's back.

  Sexual predator. The way she looks at me chilled me  

Irritated and wanting to forget, I grasped his hand again. He looked curious, due to my oxymoronic actions.

I felt shameful and too exposed.

  I stood totally naked, shivering

I grasped his hand tighter.

"It keeps the memory away." I mumbled, my face hidden by my mass of black and purple hair.

"What?"

I glared at the floor and said a little louder, "You keep the memory away."

I refused to look at him, I didn't want to see his expression- of pity, fear for me, care. Most of all, I was afraidof seeing love in his eyes.

He didn't say anything, just scooted closer to me and wrapped me almost fully in his arms(it was a little dfficult, I am in no way small). I thought I may be a little too big to fit properly into his frame. But we fit perfectly.

He, cheesy as it was, made me relax and realise that my spine had been upright for a while.  I sank into his arms and stayed there for I don't know how long.

"Sanya?"

"Hm?" I mumbled sleepily. 

"Would you like to come with me to the premiere next month?" Peter, the greatest man on earth, asked softly.

I was wide awake then, I tell you.

"What?" I shrieked, attracting the eyes of some other customers.