Chapter 9

September 16:

Sanya's POV:

"No." Peter said resolutely without looking up from his paper.

"Oh come on, Clu- Mr. Parker! We are too intertwined to have a proper professional rela-rapport!"  Relationship would be a bad word to use.

So after my reveal, impromptu breakdown and cuddling of Peter, I have become about as no-nonsense and strict as Professor McGonagall.

Except when I'm with Peter, he still turns me into a puddle of exclamatory marks and whining. That's love.

"No." He says, still not looking up.

"It'd be better if I trans-"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

"Cl-"

"No." Dammit, that didn't work.

I tried a new tactic.

"I love you." I say very quickly so he can't interrupt.

He FINALLY looked up, eyes as big as those on his suit.

"Wha-what!?" He exclaims.

"So you can say something other than 'no'."

"Low blow, Reza." He shakes his head and went back to his paper.

"What're you reading anyway?"

He handed over the paper to me.

"The Daily Bugle? You hate this newspaper. J. Jonah Jameson is the devil incarnate. At least he was when we were together. Oh, don't tell me that mantle has been passed on to me now?"

"I do hate it. And no, you may be devilish but you're not the devil incarnate. Actually, they posted something nice about me for a change." He bounded over to my side and tapped the bottom half of the page.

'Spider-Parker is a Nice Guy : Went Out Of His Way To Check Up On Absent Employee Just Because She Didn't Leave A Message'

I look up from it 5 seconds later after reading the whole article, into his teasing brown eyes. I almost smile.
"So do they know yet that it was your ex girlfriend you'd gone after?"

He folds his arms and leans against the table.

"No. And I hope they don't."

"You've got something in your hair." I say as I lean forward and pluck out a leaf from it.

We both stare at it and I know we're thinking the same thing.

"We're not going to break up. Who does that...that creature(Flash Thompson) think he is?" He growled as he pressed the spider symbol on his chest to loosen his suit.

"Forget about him." I murmured as I walked up to him to pluck a leaf from the top of his messy curls. 

He sucked in a breath as I brought my hand lower to the back of his head and I stepped closer to him. I pulled his head down as I raised mine. I slid my hands around his neck as his snaked round my waist. 

"Kiss me."

"Who knew Flash would be right?" He says, just out of desperation because it had been 3 minutes and 43 seconds. 44. 45. 46.

"He wasn't, Peter. We didn't break up because either of us wanted to. It's because we were both dramatic little shits." I deadpan. 54, 55, 56.

He laughs then- a real, heart warming, Peter Parker laugh- a laugh I didn't know how much I missed till now.