Chapter 20 (Epilogue)

"Hey, Clumsy." I smile, opening my window and letting Peter in. It felt like high school all over again.

"Y-yo-you're naked." He stuttered, staring at me. 

"I'm wearing the lower underwear." I raised my brow at him. I despised the word 'panties'.

"W-why are you-" 

"Naked?" I smirked and stepped closer to him and pressed the spider symbol on his chest, revealing Spider-Man in all his glory, save for his tee shirt, jeans and, I presume, boxers. "Let's just say my Spidey Sense went off about you." Oh but I was lying. I was just looking at myself in the mirror to check if I had a bump (I was 3 and a half months along) and to see if there were any other changes. There weren't. I figured since I've been pregnant before, I can finally say that without collapsing in a puddle of tears, I'd be showing fast. But I wasn't and the baby was absolutely normal. Harry and I cried when we heard the heartbeat last week. 

So, no. I hadn't told Peter yet. I wanted to be at least a little past the three month mark, most of the danger of losing the baby would be over, 'Though not all of it.' I thought darkly. 

Peter traced his fingers along my abdomen, getting distracted by the swell of my breasts and snapped back to reality suddenly. 

He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as I donned a long t-shirt, and shook my hair back when it was clear that he wasn't going to do anything further. 

"Wanna go for a swing and a walk?" He asked, biting his lip and I agreed but because I didn't want to risk anything, "Go low, I don't feel so good." His eyes flashed when I said that and I remembered those had been his dying words when Thanos snapped his Snap. 

The thought still brought tears to my eyes. It's a slight improvement from full on sobbing. 

"If you're here to say you're breaking up with me for Liz, I'm going to sue you and let Black Cat out of jail." I say as we land softly on the park near Liz's house. It was where we had our first date.

"You have a very unfunny sense of humour." He replied as he sat down on the ground and patted it and I sat down accordingly.

"The stars are beautiful.  At least what I can see of them." He muttered as we laid back on the soft, dewy grass under a large tree. It's such a pretty place, why is it always empty?

But maybe it's loneliness is the main reason for it's beauty.

I got a very good idea how to break it to Peter that I was pregnant, again.

"You know what else is beautiful?" I asked, eyes looking at and fingers tracing the shapes of constellations through the branches of the tree, which split open the sky.

"The woman I'm about to ask to marry me?" He says nervously and I, shocked (half because I wanted him to say, "What?" and half because he'd said what!?) whipped my head around to look at him.

He was just staring at me and vice versa as I noticed a thin, silvery thread of web fluid dangling from one of the branches, a ring attached to it.