Chapter 7|Her Condition

I look at Aaron, and he looks at me with wide eyes.

"Aaron..." I say. He just looks at me, speechless. "I-" I all the sudden can't talk. I try to breathe. "OW OW OW AARON!" When I breathe, a sharp pain shoots down my chest.

"What?! What's wrong what happened?" Aaron asks.

"It hurts to breathe! It hurts to breathe I can't breathe!" I say. Aaron grabs the button on my bed that calls the nurse. He presses the red signal. He grabs my hand.

"It'll be okay it'll be okay a nurse is coming." He says. My mom opens her eyes. Then, my monitor starts squaking like crazy. I try to take a little breath in to avoid too much pain, but something in my sternum stops me. Now I can't breathe at all. It feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest. I look at Aaron, tears rolling down my cheeks.

I put my hands around my neck, and then let go of one hand and move it side to side.

"You can't breathe?" He asks. I quickly shake my head.

"WHAT IS GOING ON? WHY CAN'T SHE BREATHE WHAT HAPPENED?" My mom asks frantically.

"I don't know I pressed the stress button for the nurse I don't know what's going on."

-Aaron's POV-

A nurse rushes into the room. She looks at Aphmau, and calls out in the hall for help. I look over at aphmau, and she's out cold. Her hand is very cold in mine. "What's happening?" I ask.

"It must be something with her lungs because that monitor is telling me that her respiratory system is down." The nurse replies. She looks down the hall. "Come on! We've got to-" She's interrupted by a loud beeping from Aphmau's monitor. The nurse looks at the monitor. "THAT'S HER CIRCULATORY SYSTEM HER HEART IS FAILING!" The nurse yells. Doctors rush into the room, and roll Aphmau's hospital bed right out of the room. I look at Sylvanna.

"What just happened? Where are they taking my hija?" Sylvanna ask with tears in her eyes.

(~Hija? Yes I thought it was spelled mija but thanks to Google translate I am better educated~)

"I...I'm guessing emergency surgery...again..." I say. One second I was holding her hand and the next...she's being rolled to the O.R. I can't believe this is happening. I'm still hoping to wake up from this nightmare any second now...but it feels too real to be a bad dream. "I really hope this is just a nightmare...like I'll wake up any second I just know it...right?" I look over at Sylvanna with teary eyes. She shakes her head.

"I wish Aaron...I wish this was a dream but the reality is...these things happen and...Aphmau just ended up being a victim this time..." Sylvanna replies. A tear slips down her cheek.

Just then, the lady that had been at the front desk walks into the room.

"Hey...I want you guys to know that I have been in a similar situation as you. I have been given all of the information about her condition...and I want you guys to know that she will recover. I know she was just taken down to an operating room, but she has the best surgeon in Phoenix Drop. Dr. Amelia Burch. She has performed miracles. I went through to make sure that she was the surgeon Aphmau got." She says. I look up at her.

"Thankyou. Thankyou so much that's very kind." I say.

"It's the least I could do. The hospital is actually closed at the front doors now. I always just sit there, nothing to do or I just go home early but...I wanted to do something for you guys. I can't just stand by and watch this unfold without doing anything about it." She says.