Chapter 16|Long Road Ahead

With the new information, I start living every day like it's the last. I'm finally home from the hospital, and everyone has thrown me a party.

I walk over to the little snack bar, hand in hand with Aaron. I lead him to the chips and salsa, my personal favorite. When we get there, there's a little sign on the table in Katelyn's hand writing.

"No double dipping..." I read aloud. Ugh. Katelyn and her rules. "Ha! This is my party!" I say as I fling the sign across the room. Aaron chuckles.

"You know, just cause the sign is gone, doesn't mean the rule is," He says. I study him for a second.

"Well you're no fun," I say. He smiles. I take a chip, and sadly only dip it once. I know double dipping isn't the best way to eat chips; spreading germs and everything. But sometimes, it's just necessary.

When we are done at the snack bar, I lead Aaron to our back porch to get away from the chaos taking place inside. Outside, it's nice and peaceful. Aaron looks at the railing that lines the deck. He lays his arms on the railing, and leans against it. Then he looks back at me.

The colors of the sunset are resting upon his face, outlining his handsome features. This makes me blush, even more when he holds his arm out, asking me to join him. I know I should be used to this by now, but he's just too hot.

I shyly walk over to him, and he wraps his arm around my waist. Then he brings me in front of him, and rests his arms back on the railing in front of me. I feel safe and warm in his protective hold.

I bring my hands up to his, and intertwine our fingers. I giggle as he kisses the back of my neck. All of this overwhelming hotness is making the slight pounding in my head fade away a little. Now that I think about it, I really do have a bad headache coming for me. The more I think about it, the more its presence becomes known.

I squeeze Aaron's hand slightly as the headache becomes less of just a burden, and more of a degrading migraine.

"You okay babe?" Aaron asks. I nod my head, but stop as the sudden movement worsens the pain.

"Yeah, just a little headache," I lie. I can feel a little tension, which tells me he doesn't believe me. Aaron turns me around in his arms, and looks at my face.

"Yeah, Aph you're turning pale," He says. "Are you really okay?" He asks. I can see concern in his eyes. I contemplate what to answer with.

"No," I reply. "Well, I think it's just a migraine. I'll be fine, lots of people get migraines," I answer holding my head, trying to ease the pain. I can still see concern in Aaron's eyes.

I hear a ding come from my phone, telling me I have a message. I look over at my phone, which is laying on the small table next to the door. I hear another ding, but it echoes in my mind this time. I start to get lightheaded.

"Aph?" Aaron asks as he presses my body against his, not allowing me to fall.

"It's fine... lighthead... normal for migraine," I say, struggling to find the words. My phones pangs again, telling me this person really needs to talk. I look at my phone, and back at Aaron.

"I can get it for you," He offers. I nod my head slowly. I lean against the railing, trying to steady myself. My head starts to feel heavier and heavier, to the point where it feels like my head is a bowling ball supported by a blade of grass, the grass being the rest of my body.

My vision blurs and I blink a few times, hoping for it to go away, but it doesn't. I've felt this before.

"I'm gonna faint," I say weakly. Aaron turns around, and holds his arms out for me. Through obscured vision, I try to reach for him, but I completely miss and fall to the ground, my vision blacking out. Instead of hitting the ground, I land on something cushiony. My vision returns for a few seconds, and I see Aaron's concerned face above me. I infer to be in his lap.