Chapter 34|Light in the Darkness

That day, I went home with everyone, including Aaron. He stayed over for a while, and I "healed" his "wound". Now, I still remember that day so vividly. It's only been two months, but remembering something that well isn't very normal for me.

I honestly couldn't tell you what I had for lunch yesterday.

I think I remember that day so well because of my emotions. I began to realize really how fast I was falling for Aaron again. I know, it's cheesy, but it's true. I didn't have to do much to take care of his wasp sting, but I realized that I would've gone through hell to care for any other injuries.

I can confidently say our relationship is even farther than it was before Aaron left for FalconClaw. There's mutual respect, trust, love, everything you could ask for. Of corse, sometimes I still have those blushy moments, they're quite difficult to avoid.

I'm literally two feet from his front door, so I think I can expect some blushing soon.

Before I can do anything, some construction down the street catches my attention. All I can see is a few machines. What they are building is completely out of my knowledge.

I turn my attention back to the door in front of me. Who needs knocking? I've been here so much, it's practically home.

I open the door, letting myself in, where I see Aaron in the kitchen.

"Honey! I'm home~" I chirp. He looks up at me, and smiles. I close the door behind me.

"What a lovely greeting," he says with a smile. Before he can move a muscle, I start making my way over to him. Upon approaching him, he wraps one arm around my waist, greeting me with a quick kiss.

I hoist myself up onto the kitchen counter, something I do quite often. Aaron lays his hands on the counter on either side of me, standing in front of me.

"What's the plan for today?" He asks.

"I don't know. That's why I came over here, I was hoping it would be less boring with you," I admit. He chuckles.

"Well, I guess you're out of luck. I'm just as bored as you are."

"What were you doing before I got here?" I ask. Aaron smiles and grabs my hand, looking down at it.

"Thinking about something," he replies simply.

"About what?" I insist. He just smiles bigger.

"You'll see," he states before looking up at me, "you'll see."

"So this is about me?" I infer. He shrugs.

"Maybe."

"Tell me! Now you've made me curious!" I say with a laugh.

"Do you want a hint?" He laughs. I nod. "It relates to what's being built down the street."

I look behind me at the windows in the living room, and then back at Aaron. He raises an eyebrow as I conjure a master plan. I just need to make it past him and down the street enough to see the construction. That's easy, right?

"How about," I start, laying a hand on Aaron's chest, "you just let me go see what they're building."

Like I said, master plan.

"And why would I do that?" Aaron replies.

"Because you love me, and you know being on my best side is a good thing?" I suggest. Aaron only chuckles.

Okay, this isn't working.

I quickly hop off the counter, luckily there was just enough space between Aaron and the edge of the counter for me to get off.