Chapter 21|Hoping For a Miracle

That's when the torture started. Every night, I would wish Aaron goodnight, even though I knew he couldn't hear me. Every day, I felt more and more alone, even though I still live with the girls. I would spend most of my time in my room, waiting for a call or text from him.

After a week, I learned that he doesn't have much opportunity to reach out to me. I only get to speak with him, at most, once a week. The one time he was able to talk to me, he was telling me about how stressful everything was. How much he wishes he could hear and see me every day.

But it seems our wishes don't always come true.

"Aphmau, breakfast is ready," Katelyn says as she peeks into my room. She gives me a smile.

"Okay, I'll be down in a bit," I say. She nods and closes my door. I lay my head back on my pillow, and close my eyes. The past seven days have been torture, and I need some mental rest. I've been mentally occupied worrying about all the ways things could go wrong while Aaron is gone.

My condition could spiral out of control. Aaron could become accustomed to being a business man, and he would stay in FalconClaw. The creep that texts me can get to me easier now that I have less protection. And the worst, in my opinion, is that Aaron and I's relationship could spiral downward due to less conversion. That really scares me the most.

In order to clear my mind, I stand up and head downstairs. Maybe the girls could get my mind off of it.

As soon as I reach the bottom of the stairs, my vision becomes fuzzy. My head spins briefly, before everything returns back to normal. Katelyn looks over at me.

"Aph? Is everything alright?" She asks. I look at her.

"Uh... yeah I'm fine," I lie. This simple little episode could mean a lot for me, considering my condition.

As we eat, small headaches return again and again, making it hard for me to do anything. As one returns, I push my plate of half eaten food from me.

"Aphmau~senpai? Is something wrong?" KC asks. I look up at her and Katelyn. Should I tell them the truth? I hold my temple as I contemplate.

"I'm fine, just a little headache."

Katelyn and KC look at me, like they're figuring me out. They may be putting it together.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Katelyn asks.

"Yes, I'm sure, I'm fine," I lie. "I'm just gonna go lie down."

I stand up, and walk back to my room without another word. I just needed to get out of there.

When I reach my room, I plop onto my bed, waiting for something to happen. Maybe I'll pass out, maybe I won't. Maybe Aaron will text me, I don't know. I shift over onto my side, and my gaze meets Aaron's house.

Maybe Aaron will come home.

Buzz. My phone brings me out of my thoughts. I scramble to pick it up, hoping it's Aaron. I turn it on, and realize I got my hope up for nothing.

"Hey baby wyd?" The notification on my lock screen reads. I turn my phone off, and set it on the nightstand. It doesn't take two guesses to guess who that was. Cringy, straightforward, impolite. Definitely not Aaron.

My gaze settles back onto Aaron's still and quiet house. Buzz. It's so weird without him here. Buzz. I wish he was still here. I feel my eyes start to well up with tears. Buzz. What if our relationship is different when he returns? Buzz. Buzz.

A hot tear streams down my cheek in response to the messages I'm getting, and the thoughts of Aaron crossing my mind. Without even reading the messages, I know I'm being harrassed. I feel used. And Aaron isn't here to help this time.