14

chapter 14 - intimacy

"chemistry is just another word for love,"

[edited  - 21.12.18]

k e n z i e

johnny. he was looking at me in bewilderment as he rubbed his eyes furiously. i grimaced as they watered and sprouted a fresh round of tears. crap. crap. what have i done? i bit my lip as my outstretched hand dangled down limply, the air freshener long forgotten. i blushed as i realized that i was straddling him, my legs on either side of his waist, while we stared at each other in complete and utter shock.

if we weren't in such a hopelessly horrible situation, i would have been flaming red at our intimate position. i sighed. johnny was so going to kill me.

suddenly, we broke out of our trance when a snide voice interrupted us. i whirled around. i had totally forgotten about lauren.

"well, what do we have here?" lauren crossed her arms as she smirked at us. i immediately removed my hands from johnny's chest, my face burning hot while i froze in my position. johnny still looked speechless, struggling to open his eyes. i turned away from johnny as i flinched. don't kill me. don't kill me.

"well, i-" i started,  but was interrupted immediately.

"i get it. just that i don't really think the kitchen floor is a good place to do it, but you two must have been eager, so... continue, continue, my darlings," lauren trailed off, chuckling as she marched back up the stairs. she totally misread it.

hearing her words, which were laced with a deeper, dirtier meaning, i instantly leapt up from johnny as if he was boiling and in my haste, nearly tripped over his face.

johnny still looked disorientated and confused. staring up at me, it took him a little while to figure out what had happened as i stood tentatively at a side. shit. i was so, so dead. goodbye, world.

"goddamn you kenzie, whatever got into that brain of yours to attack me with your stupid air freshener?" he roared, rubbing his bloodshot eyes. gods, this was the second time that i hurt him, i must really start watching my back in case he goes all madman on me. i twisted my hands nervously as i stared at the ground, guilt ridden.

johnny was still sprawled on the floor from where i pounced on him, glaring up at me furiously.

"it's not my fault, you did sound like a burglar, plus, i thought you were not coming back tonight," i muttered, staring at his shoes as he struggled to get up. i winced as he staggered in front of me - if aunt melissa finds out that i attacked his son like a banshee, i am so dead.

"too many people crashed there already so i had to come back, and i was peacefully and innocently trying to find advil to cure my headache but now i'm perfectly sober thanks to you," he shot back, and i fidgeted anxiously.

"i'm sorry, johnny. look, any sane person would be terrified if someone comes in the middle of the night," i explained, apologizing profusely and i could see his face softening.

"fine, whatever, just don't do it again," he sighed, picking himself up shakily.

i tugged on my lips with my teeth as he squeezed his eyes shut, before cursing, "my head, i think i knocked it really bad,"

that's when i noticed the bump on his head. he must have hit his head really hard against the floor. i clenched my fists, i felt so bad now.

i walked hurriedly towards him while he backed away, looking alarmed.

"relax, i just wanna see if you are okay," i reached towards his head and touched the swell on his head gently while he flinched.

"come on, i'll apply something for you," i turned around as i started digging around for the first aid box. ah, found it.

"it's alright, i'll just sleep it off," johnny rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"come on, i made a mistake, so i have to make it right now," i urged, pulling him towards the chairs as i pressed him into one.

"sit still," i grabbed the cotton swab, pouring a bit of medicine onto it as i parted his hair slowly. i could see an ugly bruise and a bit of blood. shit.

"it's bleeding, let's go to the hospital," i frowned worriedly. this was my fault.

"just a bit of blood, do what you have to do," johnny mumbled, while i nodded. here goes nothing.

"it's going to hurt," i warned, pressing the cotton swab onto his head as he jumped, flinching.

"ouch," johnny winced, holding my hand away from his head.

"i told you it was going to hurt, just a while more, bear with it," i swabbed it quickly one last time as johnny's knuckled turned white from gripping the tabletop too hard. my heart clenched.

"alright, let me get a plaster on," i dug around for a plaster, grinning when i saw one with winnie the pooh on it.

"come on, you would look cute," i tore it off and stuck it on slowly, trying my best to keep the grin off my face as johnny scowled.

"done, i'm sorry," i looked down, apologizing again as johnny sighed and rubbed his hair.

"it's fine,"

smiling, i patted him on the head lightly. his hair was so smooth and soft between my fingers. my fingertips trembled.

"i'm just gonna mop around for a while, go to bed, kenzie," he urged and i turned towards the door, smiling at him. if he says so.

"don't stay up too late," i reminded him as i started to walk up the staircase.

"kenzie?" johnny called out, his eyes twinkling.

"hm?" i turned around, cocking my head to one side as i waited for what he had to say in anticipation.

"oh yeah, if you want to straddle me that badly, just tell me next time," johnny winked at me, while i froze in my tracks. trust him to say something like this in this kind of situation.

"i'm never helping you again, jerk!"

(1034)

[do not be a ghost reader! vote, comment and share!]