44

chapter 44 - his secret

"every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not,

and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad,"

k e n z i e

"He hasn't told you anything about what happened yet?" Lauren dangled her head down from the bed, pushing her stray wisps of golden hair away.

Brushing her hair out of my mouth, I looked up at her, frowning, "About what? Is he supposed to tell me anything?"

For a few seconds, it was quiet except for the constant typing coming from the beanbag which Brynn was sitting on. Scowling, I pushed myself up from Annie's carpeted floor, looking up just in time to see Annie and Lauren exchanging significant looks.

"Ugh, guys, that's way too obvious," I rolled my eyes as I crawled over to push Brynn off the beanbag before sitting down on where she was originally seated, causing her to give me the stink-eye.

"I think we should tell her, Johnny definitely wouldn't mind," Lauren piped up, wagging a finger in Annie's face. Annie groaned and tossed an embroidered pillow at Lauren, which missed her completely and landed in my lap instead.

"I think, we should leave it to Johnny to tell her, after all, they should have a couple talk," Annie shrugged, before continuing, "Not that I don't wanna tell you, Kenz, but I really think Johnny should do it," Annie gave me her infamous puppy dog eyes and I sighed. That was hard to resist. Beside me, still lying on the floor like a caterpillar, Brynn gave an unidentified sound. Clearly she wasn't paying attention to anything that was being said.

"Couple talk," Lauren scoffed, "Who ever does that?" Annie, meanwhile, was turning steadily redder and was doing quite her best to avoid looking at Lauren at all.

"Annie! Don't tell me you and Hayden have 'couple talks' all the time?" Lauren let out a peal of giggles as Annie turned beetroot red.

"Come on, Brynn, you can act as Hayden, and I'll act as our dear Miss Leblanc here," Lauren smirked, tugging a bewildered Brynn up.

Almost instantly, she put on a sickeningly sweet smile as she pranced about, twirling Brynn around while shouting.

"Hayden says - oh Annie, you are beautiful. Annie replies - oh, you are more handsome, Hay-" Lauren's enthusiastic acting was cut off by Annie who had pounced on her and shoved yet another pillow in her face.

"Shut up! Only you and William talk in this way!" Annie sat on Lauren as she pillow slapped her.

"Guys, this has got nothing to do with me, get off!" Brynn's muffled voice came out from underneath Lauren. Somewhere, a pillow burst as goose feathers floated around the room.

And here goes another round of fights. The only few days we actually hang out after we all started dating, they were packed with wars between Annie and Lauren. Such great friends I have. Picking a few straying feathers out of my hair, I took the opportunity to sneak out of Annie's room.

Sliding down the smooth banister, I peeked around the corridor to try and find the boys. They were chilling somewhere in Annie's house too, but her house was humongous and I can't seem to find them at all. I needed to talk to Johnny before the girls found out that I was missing. Biting my lips in frustration, I whirled around and smacked into a hard chest.