33

chapter 33 - a distraction

"sisters may be apart from distance,

but never by heart,"

[edited - 23.12.18]

j o h n n y

"John! We should go to the beach this week for a day to chill and have fun," Lauren suddenly said as she popped into my room, flinging herself onto my bed. Without any invitation, if I may add.

"What?" I asked stupidly, my thoughts still fuzzy as I tried to decipher what she was talking about. Recently, I think my IQ just got lower, and it was totally Hayden's fault. I know Kenzie made up with him and whatever, but I really really hate that guy with passion.

I can't tell you how much he has annoyed me the past week. First, he followed me everywhere because he was convinced that I was awesome at maintaining relationships. He was the only one who thought in that way. After all, my relationship fiasco with Nadia was solid prove and the whole school probably knows that I'm the worst at these kind of stuff. But he insisted on consulting me on every single thing. His hobby was to ask me repeatedly every single second of the day if Annie would reject him. Dude, please. He seemed convinced that saying her name a million times would increase his chances of getting to her.

Even Kenzie was so pissed at him. Thank god yesterday he finally had the guts to ask Annie out. And luckily for him he did, or else I would have taken my chance and pummeled him to death.

Now, as I lounged on my beanbag, I finally came to my senses as Lauren waved her hand impatiently in front of my face.

"See? This is why you need a beach trip with us! Were you even listening to me? Recently you are always brooding and being so moody, it is really irritating," Lauren demanded, crossing her arms as she glared at me. It's funny how she used to boss me around when we were young, and still continues to act intimidating now.

"Chill, woman. And can you tell me how this beach trip would help, uh, as I quote, make me less irritating?" I asked moodily, ready to grab my phone from the table and continue fiddling with it. Lauren's just wasting her time. I don't even know why she bothers asking me, because obviously I wouldn't agree.

"Let me list out why it would help. First, you can relax your mind and listen the calming sounds of the waves, which would be quite a nice change compared to your horrible metal music. Who in the world listens to these kind of screechy music?" Lauren paused for a while to glare at me while I rolled my eyes. What's wrong with the metal music? I really don't get why girls tend to have a grudge against it.

"I know you are google, but I really don't need to know how it benefits me. Anyways, I don't want to third wheel between the couples. I don't want to witness a heated make out session between you and William, and I most definitely do not want to sit through Hayden and Annie fondling each other," I groaned. Just the thought of me sitting in between these two couples as they kiss each other, acting all cringey, is enough to make me puke.

"Stop it, we are not cringey, it's normal. But for a person who doesn't have much experience, I understand why you feel that way," Lauren whacked me over the head angrily, before continuing, "Brandon and Kenzie are going too, so you won't be third wheeling,"

"Oh? They are not dating, right?" Although I tried to keep my question nonchalant, I couldn't help but feel a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Last since I checked, they weren't. Why? Is someone jealous?" Lauren teased as she punched me lightly on the arm while I swatted her hand away.