20

chapter 20 - blind date disaster

"i don't want others,

i only need you,"

[edited - 22.12.18]

k e n z i e
"you what?" i screeched as i stared at lauren in shock, my phone falling from my hands onto my bed.

"please tell me you were kidding, you must be kidding," i muttered to myself, rubbing my temples furiously. i can't believe it. lauren just set me up.

"nope," lauren grimaced as i growled ferociously at her.

"i just thought it would be a good idea for a blind date since you were groaning about being single that day," lauren said slowly while i sighed. this was going so badly. breathe. breathe. i glared at lauren as i started hyperventilating. i hated blind dates. they were the ultimate worst. you never knew which weird pervert you were going to meet.

'it. is. not. a. good. idea,' i said forcefully, as lauren shrunk back under my penetrating gaze.

"it won't be that bad, come on, you will like him, he looks cute," she winked at me and i resisted the urge to glower at her and roll my eyes at her at the same time. seriously, this girl has some problems.

"anyways, its only a date, its not like you have to marry him. if you continue looking like a cockroach, you will have no chance at all," she grinned at me, knowing that would provoke me. cockroach? she said i looked like a cockroach? first bitter gourd, then cockroach. oh, she's so gonna die.

snarling at her, i grabbed my pillow as i chased after her like a mad woman. opposite my window, johnny was looking weirdly at us as he fiddled with his phone. we must have looked insane running after each other like headless chickens.

finally, after a long time, we collapsed on my couch, exhausted. i did not manage to catch lauren because she was just too fast. and i was mad.

"so? please, kenzie, just this once, i won't pressure you anymore," lauren begged and i sighed, succumbing to her puppy eyes. they were so adorable.

"fine, but no more setting me up, and no late notices, get it?" i wagged my finger at her while lauren nodded eagerly.

satisfied, i stood up, walking towards my closet.

"now come help me dress up before i change my mind," i said as lauren scrambled over. that child. i won't ever know how to deal with her.

. . .

"gorgeous, you are stunning, kenzie, your body's goals," lauren cheered as she spun me around in front of the mirror.

as much i disapproved of her setting me up, i couldn't help but smiled at my reflection. lauren had done a good job.

this dinner was supposed to casual so i was in a black crop top and skinny jeans, paired off with black high heeled boots. lauren had even curled my messy hair prettily.

"you look so beautiful, even johnny was staring. oh, if he hears of this blind date, he's going to drown in vinegar," lauren smirked and i immediately looked towards johnny's window. he was indeed staring, his eyes flickering up and down as he raised his eyebrows.

"what's the occasion, darling?" johnny asked curiously as he scanned me from head to toe.

"she's going on a date. be jealous, sucker!" lauren jeered while i shook my head. fat chance he'll be jealous at all.

"oh look, johnny's angry," lauren teased as i rolled my eyes.

"shut up, i'm going off, wish me luck!" i smiled at lauren as she blew me a loud raspberry kiss. laughing, i grabbed my purse before stalking out.

faced by the cool wind that blew past me, i fingered my purse nervously. i had never ever gone in a blind date before and frankly, i didn't know what to do. what if that guy eats like a pig and is actually a slob? what if he has a weird fetish? i shuddered involuntarily at that thought before hastily reminding myself that lauren said he was cute.

slowly, i made my way to the fancy restaurant where we were supposed to meet. hopefully we would click and i could finally start dating, for the second time in my life. the first time. i don't even want to think about it.

as i walked in, i was greeted with the delicious smell of food and my mouth immediately watered. i hope the guy comes fast, because i was dead hungry. my stomach had already started rumbling.

scanning the packed restaurant, there were a couple of tables with only one male sitting in front of them. the first one was an old uncle, who probably looked like he was ninety. definitely not him.

the second one, well, when i looked closely, i could see a pink bag dangling off the corner of the chair. definitely not this guy too. he had a date already.

finally the last one, a handsome guy was sitting there, staring his phone. it must be him. giddy with excitement, i started walking in his direction when a lady cut in my path, moved towards him and gave him a large kiss on the lips. not him too. i sighed in relief. thank god i walked slowly in these heels or else i would have been so embarrassed.

but where was my date? i was getting a little frustrated. please don't tell me this was lauren's kind of joke or something, because i'm gonna kill her when i get back. as i was pulling out my phone, suddenly, someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"a pretty lady like you should not be standing here on your own," a familiar voice, paired with an even more familiar pick up line cut through my thoughts. no, please don't tell me its him.

i whirled around slowly, turning to face him. shit. standing in front of me, breathing the same air as me. the same brown hair, the same brown eyes that used to get me wooed last time. but now, all i felt was a strong sense of disgust.

"k-kenzie?" he spluttered, obviously surprised and i froze. crap. whatever shall i do now? i looked around wildly. before any of us could react, like the smart person i was, i ran.

(1047)

[do not be a ghost reader! vote, comment and share!]