Real or Fake, I 'm confused!!

Rinky was confused about her feeling, its been two weeks, when she met face to face with Karan.
In these 14 days he haven't visited Mumbai, but he always texted her, asking about her work and sometimes a friendly chit chat. Rinky missed him. She walk inside the hotel as always late, due to crowd she always miss her local train, yes she commute by train, her jeju had gifted her car last week, she learned driving just waiting for her driving licence then she will come to hotel in her Audi.
"Good morning" she wished the receptionist.
"Good morning, Rinky, Karan sir wants to meet you in his cabin " receptionist informed.
"Karan sir, when did he came back, why he want to meet me?" Rinky asked keeping straight face, from inside she was happy that he is back and wants to see her.
"Well, he came back last night, and he want to meet all the trainee's not only you " she replied.
"Go" Receptionist said.
Rinky nodded and walk towards the staff elevator.
➡➡
" Hope you all are happy with my decision" Karan looked at his trainee with big smile on his face.
"Yes sir" all sang in chorus.
"hmm now go and enjoy your day off, tomorrow come back and get your appointment letters from Harsh" He said.
"Sir, sorry but what about Rinky?" Kritika asked, curiosity clear on her face.
"Rinky is family Kritika, she wanted to work as trainee, so I agreed but now its her decision " He sternly replied, "now you all can leave."
They all nodded and walk out of his cabin.
"Hey Rinky" Kritika smiled and hugs Rinky who walked out of the elevator.
"Hey" she said smiling at her co- trainee.
"Good news" they all said and narrated everything about getting a job without completing the training period.
"Karan sir is happy with our work so he is hiring all of us" Kritika said hugging Rinky.
"Great" she stepped back from hug, "I'm going to meet him" she said and walk towards Karan's cabin.
"Rinky, we have off today, so meet you tomorrow " Kritika blow her a kiss and laughed.
Rinky shook her head and knocked at the cabin door, what made Karan to take this decision " she thought.
She knocked again but no reply, she slightly pushed the door and peep inside, "Karan sir," she called, again no reply. She now pushed the door and entered the cabin but to her surprise he was not there.
"He must have gone to his suite" she thought and was about to sit on the chair when his desk phone buzzed. Rinky walked behind the desk and picked the receiver, before she could speak, she heard Karan voice through the receiver "you know where is the button for my suite door, I guess you remember, now come to my suite, I am waiting" he kept the receiver not giving her any chance to speak.
She turned and clicked the button, with one click hidden door slides out from the shelf, giving a way towards the stairs. Rinky took the stairs and ran upstairs to the suite.
"Hi" Karan huskily whispered in her ears making her shiver but she controlled not to turn and hugs him.
"you must have got the news about hiring" he walk infront of her and asked. His gaze lingered on her, he wanted to kiss her and tell her that he missed her but his inner voice stopped him, don't do this she takes you as friend give her some time and show your love, don't ruin your friendship. He shook his head and lightly smiled. Let's check what she thinks about me and our relationship he replied to his inner voice.
"Why this sudden decision?" Rinky met his gaze and asked.
"Let's get engaged" he said in serious tone.
"Are you out of your mind, Karan" she furiously looked at him.
It's clear she takes you as Karan Oberoi, his inner voice teased, Karan spoke again without looking away, "I mean fake engagement, I need your help Rinky " he said.
"No!! Absolutely not, fake or real I am not getting engaged to you," Rinky shook her head and walk towards the door, "you are not in your right mind"
She paused on the door and turned back with frown on her beautiful face, "I'm going, I got it, this is your plan to say that you are not giving me job" she said in serious tone.
Karan angrily walk towards her in long strides; he looks like beast, broad shoulder, toned arms and oh!! So amazing carved face, top two button of his shirt was open showing the outline of his hard chest. Rinky gulped hard, his nearness always makes her weak.
"Like what you see?" He smirked caging her between him and the sliding door.
"hun...wh..what?" she stuttered .
He looked down at her his eyes landed on the V of her shirt, he wanted to caresses and kiss those creamy smooth skin but he shook this thought and slightly leaned on her "why are you stuttering tigress, are you scared of me?" he asked in a low tone his lips touching her ear lobe. "Rinky Khanna is scared of Karan Oberoi." He laughed winking at her.
"No I'm not" she pushed him and look into his eyes, "why would I be scared of you Mr. Oberoi?" she tip toed and pulled him by his collar, the scent of his cologne filled her nostril driving her crazy with desire.
Karan smirked, "Then prove me wrong" he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her up. He just needs 10 days with her in his London home to show how much he love her and secondly she is the one who can stand beside him in saving his sister from his own step-mother and Dev.
"I don't need to prove anyone" she said trying to move away from his arms.
"I know you can't proof yourself, it's true that you are scared of me" Karan smirked holding her more tightly.
"No I am not; I am not scared of anyone" she said proudly.
Karan arched his brow, this is what he like in her, she can help him save his sister because she is fearless , "I dare you, say yes for this fake engagement and prove me wrong my little tigress" he said in low voice, he looked down at her, his voice was serious and his eyes were daring her to say yes and prove herself.
"Your casanova is coming out again, Mr.Oberoi." She mocked and stepped back.
" Casanova, me" he laughed, and took her hand but she shook his hand away.
"Why this fake engagement Karan, why this kind of joke?" she asked in serious tone.
"If you want we can really get engaged" he said in serious tone.
"Again, I am just confused with your behaviour, today " she turned to walk down the stairs but Karan grabbed her wrist.
"I need your help" he paused "It's not a joke" he said in low voice.
"If you didn't got ready to help then Leena will force me to marry Anjana" he raked his hand through his hair.
"Anjana, who Anjana?" she asked walking towards his couch.
"Dev's cousin" he replied and followed her towards couch.
"Urgh...What's going on Karan, you never told me about this, how can you marry her" she asked angrily.
He smirked thinking someone is jealous, "I told you last time that after speaking with Ronit I will tell you about the plan." He reminded her.
"Ronit jeju knew about this" she asked curiously.
"Yes Ronit, Ganesh, Naina and you sister Ridhima also knew, she said if you want you can help me."
"But Karan" Rinky curled her lips.
" I am still just a boss to you naa" he asked.
Karan she looked at him, you don't have idea that I like you but I know you don't like me the way I started liking you, I missed you but I know you didn't missed me other wise you would have asked me how I am, hows my work going, after 14 days you came back and you just ordered that you want me play fake fiancée, she looked at him who was expectantly gazing at her.
Karan waved his hand infront of her face, "what are thinking Rinky?"
Rinky looked up at him " when are we leaving for London?" she asked " what's the plan? " she questioned.
"Ohh Rinky thank you" he scooped her up in his arms, the heat of his touch warmed Rinky's cheeks."Karan put me down" Rinky said not meeting his eyes.
Karan nodded and sat her on the couch , " what about my job?" she asked.
"well Ridhima suggested to break the contract and hire you as a permanent staff, as in event manager who will work only under Karan Oberoi. And this is how you will join me for London " Karan smiled, he passed her cup of coffee.
"clever girl " Rinky said sipping her coffee.
" Here, staffs will know that you are arranging my sister wedding and there my family will welcome you as my fiancée " he shrugged, "all clear."
"But what about tabloid?" she asked.
"They won't follow me there but for safer side I will suggest Leena to get married in our country house where security will be high, no press will be allowed" Karan said.
"Fine, my parents" she looked at him and asked.
"Ridhima will talk to them today when you go back home, she will be there with Ronit"
"If something happened like, tabloid did with jeju and di..." She said not meeting his eyes.
"Then let's get married, real marriage" he kneels down and took her hand " Will you marry me Rinky" he asked kissing her knuckles.
"Stop it!! enough of flirting with my Rinky, Karan "

Is he serious about marriage proposal and if he is then what should Rinky do now, say yes or no, and who is this person who entered and stopped Karan?? MANY question, right, well to know more you have to read next chapter "Engaged" coming next week.
I had updated new story of HOL series, Night in a plane on Ganesh and Naina. If you already read the chapter than I should thank you but if not then do check and don't forget to share your feedback.

Vote/comment /share /follow
Veenu 💕