Chapter 7

[Swirlpool's POV]

I watched as the SmallClan warriors rushed into the camp. There were a lot of them, and we were backed up into our own camp. This couldn't end good. We had to fight, but I found it difficult to fight with the Dark Forest warriors. They were evil, yet they were fighting as hard as we were. Wouldn't they want DepthClan to fall into more despair?

"Ahhh!" A yowl sounded through the camp.

I twisted my ear as I clawed at a warrior. I knew that voice anywhere. It was Creamspots! She had to be in trouble. I quickly duck the attacking warrior's claws and darted toward the medicine cat den. I saw the light cream furred shecat crouched in the corner of her den with a white and grey shecat stepping closer to her.

"Leave Creamspots alone!" I hissed. There was not enough room for me to jump on her back, but there might be enough for me to rush past her to get close to Creamspots.

I ran past the shecat, but she stuck her claws into my hind leg and threw me on the ground. I hissed in pain, but at least I was the barrier between her and Creamspots now. She would still have to get through me to get to the medicine cat, and that was all I cared about. Creamspots had to be okay.

"Oh, so a weakling like you thinks that he can defend the precious blind medicine cat all by himself. This kind of stuff makes me laugh." The shecat said before stepping on my tail.

I growled and swiped my claws toward her face. They just barely missed, but she took the advantage and swiped at my flank. I could feel the blood dripping down. It stung, but I still had energy to keep fighting. There was no way this was going to stop me. I looked at her leg that was keeping my tail down, then bit it as hard as I could. The shecat quickly got off of my paw and stepped back in horror. It gave me enough time to get up.

"You okay?" I asked Creamspots quickly not taking my eyes off of the intruder.

"I'll be okay. Just a minor scratch here and there." She mumbled. I could feel her just behind me. I could feel her shaky breaths. She wouldn't have made it unless I rushed in.

"I promised I'll always be here for you. I'm keeping that promise until I'm in StarClan. Let me take care of this foxdung." I smiled and rushed toward the shecat in front of me.

She seemed surprised, but quickly regained her composure and swiped at my face before I could get close enough to claw her chest. I hissed as she caught a chunk of my ear. It was torn and bleeding. The blood was ruining some of my eyesight, but I could still see out of my other eye.

"You picked on the wrong cat." I told the shecat with a smirk.