Chapter 9

[Blacklight's POV]

I hissed in pain as I felt claws rake against my chest. My breath was ragged and I could feel the blood dripping onto my paws. I was trying to battle against one of the younger warriors of SmallClan. I was getting beat, but I had to keep fighting. I didn't want to die. This warrior was a little bit bigger than me, but I wasn't going to give up.

"Pick on someone your own size!" A hiss sounded as I saw the other warrior's claws coming toward my face.

I closed my eyes but when I opened them back up, the warrior was on the ground with a deep scratch on her cheek. Over the SmallClan warrior stood Loveheart, her tail lashing and her teeth bared. She had some blood dripping down from her flank, but she didn't let it bother her. She looked fierce, almost like her parents when they had the spirit to fight. Looking at her, she reminded me more of my mother when she was angry.

The warrior that had been fighting me glared at Loveheart and tried to get back up, but with a single glare from the fierce shecat, she went scampering away to her other friends. The light ginger shecat then looked toward me and nudged me to my paws.

"You okay?" Loveheart asked. "You are bleeding a lot. You need to go and see Creamspots." Loveheart said letting me lean against her. I shook my head and looked at the camp.

"I may not like the Dark Forest, but I'm willing to fight with them to defeat SmallClan. I'm not going to let them defeat us." I whispered wincing as I tried to pull away from her. I could stand, but just barely. It all felt weird. I felt dizzy.

"Tinystar will call more Dark Forest warriors. We will be fine." Loveheart tried to persuade me. She went back to my side making me lean against her.

"They have the Phantoms. Who can defeat those things?" I asked in a small whimper.

The three Phantoms were the wild cards. Whoever held them, would win most likely. They were all powerful, and no one knew how to kill them. They thought they had killed Malvago, but she apparently was still alive. Only two of them were in the camp at the moment, but one of them was the most powerful one. Malvago and Vendetta were a good group, but Malvago and Morte were a power couple who weren't even mates.

I spotted the green eyed Phantom whisking around from the sidelines. He seemed to not want to attack, but was there anyways. Malvago was unseeable, but that didn't mean she wasn't there.

"Blacklight?" Loveheart asked as I had gone silent. She seemed to be mouthing more things to me, but I couldn't understand them. They seemed like they were from a foreign language. I blinked quickly and felt my paws buckled from underneath me. The next thing I knew I was on the ground and my vision was going black with no light.