Chapter 21

[Roseeye's POV]

I watched as the tired shecat told her deputy where to put the three traitors. For now, they would be staying in a new den that had been made next to her den for prisoners. They would not eat until she woke up, and might still not eat when she did wake up.  I just looked at the three with sorry eyes. Cheetahpelt deserved more than this. Tinystar was just terrifying. There was no way to beat her and the Dark Forest. It would just be easier if we let them win. 

"Roseeyes, you look awake and the least injured. Watch after the prisoners." Witheredsoul growled stalking back to Tinystar and laying by her side. 

I just gave him a small nod even though I knew he wouldn't see it. I went at the edge of the prisoners den not daring to go inside it. Deerscar and Icehowl curled up next to each other leaving Cheetahpelt to fend for himself. It wasn't like the three of them were even healed from the scratches they had received from before they ran off, and it was getting colder. It wouldn't be much longer until it was leafbare. It was only until the full moon. That marked the first day of it. 

I wanted to try and help the three of them, but I had already sworn to Tinystar. She had stolen any hope that tried to survive in the rest of us. Now it was our turn to strangle the hope out of the three of them. 

"You know, Bluesnow would never approve of this either." Cheetahpelt mumbled with his big green eyes looking up at me. 

"Not important. She isn't here." I hissed. "Now keep your muzzle shut or I will get in trouble. Bluesnow isn't here. Tinystar is the leader and we need to listen to her, no matter if she is right or wrong." I shook my head. I had to listen to Tinystar now. I always had to listen to my leader. 

"What if she is wrong? What if she leads you into your death? What will you do after that?" Cheetahpelt asked. 

I just hissed at him and didn't respond. I could trust Tinystar to look after my kits once they were born. She was strong, much stronger than anyone else in the clan. She beat Maskedstar in able to save her own kits. She could do the same for mine. 

I remembered the shecat as a kit. Most of the clan did. She went grief stricken when Aquaclaw died, and had such remorse when she found out Flamefur had died. She looks after her little sisters like her own kits, no matter if they are named after the past leader and deputy. At least it wasn't named after the leader that banished her. 

I always wondered what I would name my kits. I wondered how many of them I would have, and how good of a mother I would be. I wanted to be able to defend them with ease no matter what. I just had to get stronger.