Chapter 29

[Maplesnow's POV]

Tinystar looked at me after she had finished with the prisoners. "Take them to Creamspots and make sure they don't get infected. Witheredsoul, help him out as well." She told the both of us. I quickly took the one side of Icehowl and let Witheredsoul take the other side of Deerscar. Cheetahpelt followed behind us quietly. 

I don't even remember how I complied to all of this. I never wanted anyone to get hurt, but it seemed like someone was going to die every time something happened. I just hoped that Shardbreeze was okay. There was little possibility that I would be able to see her anytime soon with Darkfeather always on my tail. I did not like that tom at all. I knew he hated me too. 

Witheredsoul must have seen the worried look on me and quickly nudged my side and leaned down to my ear. "Go, I got these three. You're secret is safe with me." He whispered and pulled away with a small smile. I just smiled and muzzled his cheek as a thank you before scampering off quickly from an exit that was next to the medicine cat's den. 

I could trust Witheredsoul. He really was a good cat, he just had some bad choices. It was actually kinda funny to think about it at times. Witheredsoul and Tinystar where each other's half, their ying and yang. Witheredsoul was good but followed the bad ways, but Tinystar was bad with some good things about her. I just wanted to stay alive and not get hurt. Blacklight was not so lucky. My brother had died. I knew it was only a matter of time before the rest of my siblings followed his suit then it would just be Tinystar and me. 

I rushed through the underbrush hoping that my mate would be at the spot we promised to see each other every morning if it was possible. She knew I was having problems with DepthClan so it was harder for me to get away, but I'm sure she would be able to get away. She was strong and a lot smarter than me.

As I got to the small den that we had promised, I could see the beautiful shecat sitting in the darkness looking around quickly. As her eyes met mine, she jumped and quickly trotted to me. 

"Oh Maplesnow, I didn't think you would be coming. Maskedstar is keeping a close eye on all of us now. I'm scared he will find out sooner or later." She said worriedly and nuzzled my cheek. I just let out a small purr. 

"i will keep you safe, and you know that. I wish you could just come over to DepthClan with me, but I'm scared you will get hurt." I told her thinking about what the two leaders would do. "The only cat who know is Witheredsoul and he won't tell anyone." I tried to calm her down. It was the best I could do for the cat I loved. I would do anything for her, even keep her darkest secrets.