eleven

Grayson's pov:

As I quietly turn out the lights to Ava's bedroom, I hear the apartment door open.

I trot down the stairs, excited to see Ella. I know we haven't made anything official, but every time I look at her my heart beats out my chest, wanting more than anything to be able to call her mine.

Ella walks through the door, sending me a quick smile as she puts her jacket away.

She walks over to me, pecking me quickly on the cheek, leaving me surprised and in shock by her little kiss.

She sits at the counter, her head in her hands.

"Long day?" I ask, pulling up the other chair beside her. "Yeah," She says, rubbing her eyes. "Wanna talk about?" I ask. "Not really," She says, and I understand completely.

College must be so hard to balance on top of everything else she has to deal with.

"Um, Ella?" I ask, but she cuts me off. "Now's not a good time," She says, not making eye contact once.

"O-okay. I should probably go," I say, walking out the door.

Ella doesn't say anything, so I proceed to leave, and walk out to my car, and a part of me feels empty.

Ella's pov:

I felt terrible for pushing Grayson away, but I can't deal with anything right now.

I have to start searching for a job so that I can pay rent. The college can't pay for my rent anymore, so I have to get a job.

I open my lap top, searching for 'places that are hiring' and I don't have the time to do any of these jobs.

I put my head in my hands, knowing I can't afford a roof over my head.

I pick up my phone, dialing Grayson's number.

I shouldn't do it.

I shouldn't do it.

His phone rings twice before he picks up.

"Ella?"

a/n:

I'm in the car going to see pitch perfect 3, I'll try to update again once the movie is over.

Bye Pitches👋🏼🎤