seventeen

Ella's pov:

We walk into ihop, sitting a booth in the corner. Ava admires the display of colorful syrups in the corner, opening each bottle and sneaking a taste.

Our waitress comes by, and hands us two regular menus and one kids menu.

"I'll back in a few minutes to order," She says, and Gray sends her smile.

"I think I'm gonna get the stuffed French toast," I say, my mouth already watering.

"Good choice," Gray says, flipping through his menu.

"Is gonna get the New York cheesecake Pancakes," Gray says, placing down his menu.

The waitress comes back and we all order our stuff.

"Daddy wuvs mommy?" Ava suddenly blurts, making me freeze.

Gray places his hand on top of mine. "It's okay," he whispers.

"Yes, daddy loves mommy very much," he says, tickling Ava under the chin.

I'm charmed by his words. I smile as he plays with Ava, tickling her every now and then.

——

We're interrupted by our Waitress placing three trays on our table.

"Thankyou," I say, and she nods, smiling.

Ava finished her pancakes in like two minutes, and then starts whining that her stomach hurts.

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have ate so fast," I say, shoving a forkful of French toast in my mouth.

"My tummy hurts," Ava whines, rubbing her belly.

"I'm sorry," Grayson says, shoving pancake into his moth, syrup dripping down his chin.

"Wanna go home!" Ava fusses.

"Excuse me, can we get the rest of this to go?" I ask our waiter, and she nods, coming back seconds later with our boxes.

——

As we our packing up our stuff in the car, Ava starts whining and kicking my seat, screaming "want gway to sit with me!"

"Okay, okay," Grayson says, going back to sit with Ava.

"I think she's tired," I whisper, getting a nod from Gray.

The next time I look in the rear view mirror, Ava's face is cuddled up into gray's chest, and they our both asleep, Grayson's head resting on top of Ava's.

I smile , wishing to myself that life could stay like this forever.

a/n:

Soooo wattpad totally messed up the order of these chapters, so now this chapter is going to be before chapter fifteen, and eighteen will be after sixteen.

Wierd, I know.

Stupid wattpad🤦🏼‍♀️