twenty-four

Ella's pov:

We say bye to Ava, and Gray and I run hand in hand into Adventure land.

"Let's go on the Indiana Jones ride!" Grayson says, and we sprint to the ride. It's a 45 minute wait, but we have fast passes so it'll only be 5 minutes for us.

We got on the ride and as it begins, I start to feel queasy.

"Put your hands up!" Grayson yells as we make a sharp turn. I do as he says, and he grabs my hand, holding it up.

"Wooooo," we yell as we go down a steep drop. Suddenly the ride stops, and we all look around confused. "What just happened?" I ask, and Grayson just shrugs his shoulders.

One of the ride operators comes over to our cart and explains to us that the ride broke down. We follow her through a secret exit, and decide we should go to the Starwars area.

———

After about 6 million different rides, we decide to head back and go get Ava.

I feel an arm snake around my waist, and Grayson pulls me close to him and we walk. The clouds begin to darken, and little raindrops plummet their way down. People start frantically running out of Disneyland not wanting to get wet, and we our left there, walking in the pouring rain.

Grayson pulls me into his chest, and places his lips onto mine.

It's starts dumping non stop, and we sprint to Ava, laughing as we get more and more wet.

Ava is the only person in the kid area, so we get her and begin to walk back into the park. Grayson stops in front of a puddle, and kicks it, splashing Ava and I.

"This is war!!!" I yell, splashing Grayson in the face. Ava sits down in the puddle, and starts flicking water and Grayson.

We must look like crazy people, playing in a giant puddle, in the pouring rain.

Suddenly both mine and Gray's phone starts beeping, and a flash flood notification pops up on our screens

Grayson scoops up Ava upside down, and we begin running to the nearest bus.

"Where to?" The driver asks.

"Magnolia apartments," I answer, and he nods his head.

We climb out of the bus, and run into the apartment, slamming the door, out of breath.

We all sit on the floor and laugh, going over the series of events that just took place.

"Dat was so fun," Ava giggles. "I second that," Grayson agrees, pecking me on the cheek.

"Rainy days call for lots of movies and popcorn!" I state, jumping onto the couch with Ava behind me.

Grayson wraps a giant blanket around the three of us, and we all cuddle up with our hot chocolate, as we all stare in awe at the screen, which is playing finding Nemo.

Grayson's pov:

I wanted to stay like this forever. Snuggled up beside my little princess and my queen.

It's crazy to think that all this started out by a small job as a babysitter.

All I needed was a little money to live off of, but instead I got love. I got a family. Love is worth so much more than a piece of green paper. Ella and Ava helped me realize that, and I will be forever grateful for those two girls that changed my life.

This love was permanent, and I was going to prove it.

a/n:

Hmmmmm🤔 Any clues on what will happen in the next chapter?? I know what y'all are thinking, you're probably wrong.

Sorry.