thirty-one

my jaw drops as my eyes land on the car

Grayson's pov:

Our car had been keyed with the word "whore" all over it, and lipstick had been smeared all over the front windows.

Ella's breath hitches and I noticed her breathing is uneven.

"Ella please don't panic all over again, we can just take an Uber," I say, rubbing her back.

Ella nods, a little unsure. "But only cause your cute," She says, bopping me on the nose. I smile at her and order an Uber.

Our uber mans name is Podgy. (Paw-Jee)

(Lol peep Queen Podgy hi Hana if ur reading this)

(it's an inside joke)

Podgy pulls up *skrt* in a red Volvo, and we hop in and Podgy says hi.

He makes small talk with Ella, but I just tune them out and play with Ava.

"Where we going?" Ava asks. "To see a movie," I say.

"Oh hell no!" Ava screams.

Ella and I are quick to shush her. "Shhhh don't say that Ava!" I laugh and so does Ella.

"We need to watch our mouths around her," I whisper, and Ella nods in agreement. I don't think Ava quite understands what "oh hell no" means.

——

Podgy skrts up to the theatre, and we all get out and walk over to the booth to get some tickets. The old lady in the booth is crusty.

"How many tickets?" The crusty lady says.

I cringe at her crustyness before responding, "two adults and one child please." She hands me three tickets and I almost barf as her crusty dusty musty hands brush against mine.

"Stay in your corner girl, my man don't like that!" Ella says in a high pitched sassy voice, and she karate chops me into the movie theatre.

We walk into the dark room and we sit in the 3rd row. I feel Ella's fingers find theirselves into mine, and I squeeze her hand.

"I love you," I whisper into Ella's ear. Although we've exchanged I love you's plenty times before, I can tell Ella is taken by surprise.

"I still get chills every time you tell me that," Ella whispers.

I smile, and lean in, kissing her lips.

"Shhhh, the movie's starting!" Ava whines, and throws a piece of popcorn at the back of my head, interrupting our moment.

Ella giggles at Ava, and tickles her belly. To get something as good as them, you have to either have really good luck, or somehow make the universe really love you.

a/n:

It's been two fricken months since I've updated...WHOOPS

I honestly don't have an excuse, I'm just really lazy.

Btw, I've been getting a lot of good feedback on this story lately, so Thankyou so much!!

✌🏻