3

3rd person

Martin. Dan didn't even know that he'd been called here. Did this mean that Phil's whole family would come soon? His girlfriend even? Martin saw Dan and he sat next to him.

Martin: Where is he?

Dan: E-Emergency surgery.

Martin: *sighs* What happened? They said he'd been in an accident but I don't know what sort of accident or how bad it was.

Dan: He got hit by a c-car that was speeding. The car just drove away but the police said they'd try their b-best to find them. It was really bad. There was s-so much blood. *cries*

Martin: *nods stiffly* That clumsy idiot. Why wasn't he looking where he was going? Did you see it happen?

Dan: He ran out of our apartment. I saw it happen but I couldn't stop it. I swear if I could've stopped him from getting hit, I would've no matter the cost.

Martin: *clearly confused* Why did he run out of your apartment?

Dan: B-Because we had an argument. It wasn't anything serious but we've been having a ton of arguments recently. During this particular argument he suddenly burst and said that he'd had enough and just left. I followed after him because I wanted to apologise. I called out his name and told him to come back. He said "why should I?" And then he turned around to carry on walking across the road. By then I'd seen that there was a car heading straight towards him so I shouted to him but it was already too late. *crying* I-I wish so badly that it was me instead of him. It's a-all my fault.

Martin: *sighs* It's not your fault Dan. It was an accident. Neither one of you knew that he was going to get hit by that car so it was an accident.

Dan shook his head at Martin, not believing a word he was saying. This was Dan's fault. The reason why the arguments and started in the first place is because Dan wasn't taking his medication anymore when he should've been.

Dan thought that he could handle his bipolar. His bipolar caused him to have many mood swings. Usually Dan was annoyed for no reason and started the arguments with Phil for the sake of it.

If Dan had been taking his medication, they wouldn't have had a fight. Which would've resulted in Phil not running away and getting hit by that car.