21

3rd person

Dan: I'm so glad you believe me. I didn't really want you to send me away to get some sort of help.

Phil: *laughs* I wouldn't do that even if you were crazy.

Phil holds Dan's hand and plays with his fingers absentmindedly. He notices faint white lines on his wrist and frowns at them.

Phil: Why are they still there? I still can't believe you would do that to yourself.

Dan: I'm not sure. You wouldn't get it unless you were there. I thought I was never going to see you again. I remembered all the little things you did that I adored and how I would never be able to see them again. And I was so guilty about all of it. And I missed you, even if we were arguing right before it.

Phil: It was not your fault. I walked out onto a busy road. You didn't push me to do it. What was my funeral like?

Dan: That's a bit morbid, isn't it?

Phil: I'm interested to see how many people I didn't speak to for years suddenly cared about me.

Dan: A lot of people went. The fans all stayed outside of the venue. A lot of them cried. They all had banners that said how much they all love you and how they'll miss you. I did my eulogy. Your brother spoke too. There was a small get together afterwards where you could talk to people about it but I didn't go.

Phil: You did a eulogy?

Dan: *smiles* Of course I did. I wanted people to know how much you meant to me, even though it was hard to out into words.

Phil: *nods* This is so weird. Were we together in 2017?

Dan: No. We lived together still, but you had a girlfriend.

Phil: *coughs* What?!

Dan: Yeah. Her name was Mia and she was actually really nice and-

Phil: Dan...

Dan: Yes?

Phil: I'm gay.

Dan: You said you were bi.

Phil: Well yeah I thought I was. That was 5 years ago. We never brought it up again.

Dan: Oh. A lot of this is confusing to me.

Phil: Yeah. How is your arm? Do your ribs hurt?

Dan: I'm fine. I think they pumped me up with enough pain killers that if someone stabbed me right now, I wouldn't feel a thing. Come here.

I got out of my chair and I walked closer to him, unsure of what he wanted. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me down, wrapping me into a tight hug.

Dan: I'm so glad I get to do this.

Phil: *smiles* Me too.