13

3rd person

Dan and Phil got back to their apartment and Phil went to make them a hot chocolate. Dan sat in the living room, watching YouTube. Everything was so different, so old. Technology had vastly improved in only 2 years. He started watching Joey Graceffa, catching up with most of his friends from the future. He went through his thumbnails and realised Daniek wasn't there. Joey wasn't even out yet. Dan laughed as he knows that Joey was in a relationship with a boy, even back then. Phil came back from the kitchen and handed Dan a mug of steaming hot chocolate.

Phil: There you go.

Dan: Thank you.

They both watched the tv for a while but it was getting darker outside. Dan thought about him falling asleep tonight. Would he ever wake up? Was this a weird version of his life flashing before his eyes? One more day of being with Phil? Maybe he should've made it more special. Dan didn't want to think about it, it was upsetting him. Dan was sleepy though, he knew he had to go to bed.

Dan: I'm going to go to bed.

Phil: Ok sure. Night.

Dan realised that this could be the last time he ever saw Phil. His mind took over and he leaned down to hug Phil, who was sitting down. Phil was confused at first but hugged Dan back. He held it for a minute, tears collecting in his eyes. Dan let go of the hug and uncomfortably coughed.

Dan: Sorry. I don't know where that came from.

Phil: *smiles* It's okay. You alright?

Dan: Yeah. I'm just a bit tired. Good night.

Phil: You too.

Dan smiled at him sadly and trudged back up to his room in silence. Dan saw his old phone from 2015 on his bed. He picked it up and went through everything that he had forgotten.

Dan went into his camera roll and smiled with tears in his eyes, remembering each and every day these pictures were taken in. It made him sad but it also made him happy. Sad because he could never be happy like that again. Happy because of the fond memories he could remember for eternity. Even after death.

As Dan got sleepier, he turned his phone off and turned around to get comfortable. He didn't want to go to sleep but he knew that he had to eventually. He wanted to stay here with Phil, even if he was two years in the past. They cared about each other a lot more in 2015.

Dan wanted to have a second chance, to make things right.

He would never take Phil for granted ever again.