5

3rd person

Dan called a taxi to take him back to the apartment. He'd come here in the ambulance so he couldn't drive back. Even if he did bring his car, he didn't think he was in the correct state of mind to drive it. He'd probably end up crashing it, which didn't seem so bad at the moment to Dan.

The taxi picked Dan up and the driver didn't bother starting a conversation, which Dan was thankful for. He just sat in the back looking out the window. A few start tears falling down his cheeks every once in awhile.

Dan got back to the apartment and sat on the couch, taking everything in. The apartment felt so empty without Phil there. Phil was usually sat at the table with his laptop, working on something. Probably editing a YouTube video.

Dan had to tell the fans. He had to tell the fans that Phil was dead. That there would be no more AmazingPhil or DanandPhilgames. No more Phil. Would Dan continue to post videos? No. He couldn't. Not when Phil was the one who encouraged him to do it so many years ago. Especially the joint account. Dangames? No.

Dan got the camera ready and put it on a tripod. This would be his last video. He looked in the mirror before pressing play and he realised what a mess he looked like. His eyes were bloodshot and his hair was a mess. Dan didn't care though. He clicked record and sat back in his chair. He didn't smile at all.

Dan: *sighs* I don't even know where to start. Hello Internet. I'm sad to say that this will be my last video. Earlier today...Phil got hit by a car and-and he didn't make it. *sighs* Fuck...I don't know what to say. The doctors tried their best but they couldn't save him. *starts crying* I'm so sorry to all of you, but try not to cry. He wouldn't have wanted that. He would've wanted you all to remember him from the good times. I'd like to say *cries* on both of our behalf...that it was a pleasure to make videos for all of you. You shaped our lives, and I know he was so grateful as am I. That's all I have to say. Goodbye Internet.

Dan turned the camera off and uploaded the video without any editing. Dan felt like he had so much more to say about Phil, but he couldn't put them into words. Especially without crying. Dan opened his Twitter and wrote a tweet about his last video.

Daniel Howell tweeted: Sorry guys. My last video has been uploaded today. The video tells you why that is, if you want to watch it. Thanks for all the wonderful memories. Goodbye Internet...

Dan went up to his room and collapsed onto his bed, still in his clothes. He cried until no more tears could form.

If only it was him who got hit by that car.