20

Phil's POV

I didn't know whether I could believe him or not. It didn't make any sense. Time travel doesn't exist.

And if he's telling the truth, wouldn't that mean that I'm still going to die in 2017? You can't change your destiny.

Dan: You haven't said anything in over 10 minutes. *worried* Do you not believe me?

Phil: I-I don't know. It's kind of hard to believe. So we're both dead?

Dan: No. I think that 2016 and 2017 were erased. But then that wouldn't make sense because when I came here I still had my current iPhone and I was thin.

Phil: Why were you so thin?

Dan: After you died, I didn't eat much. I didn't really have the motivation to do anything.

Phil: This is hurting my brain.

Dan: I know. It was confusing to me too at first. But then I spoke to Louise about it.

Phil: You told Louise before you told me?

Dan: Yes. I never wanted to tell you because that would've ruined everything. I just wanted to make sure you were safe at all times so nothing like that could ever happen again.

Phil: I believe you.

Dan: *doubtful* You do?

Phil: Yes. I have no reason not to believe you and some things are starting to add up. How you looked relieved every time you saw me, the black clothes and how every time I woke you up you looked confused.

Dan smiled at me, relieved that I believed him. He couldn't be lying about this. No one could make something like this up with so much detail. I wanted to tell him that he told me he loved me, but I didn't know whether that was in the heat of the moment.

Screw it, I'm asking.

Phil: Dan?

Dan: Yeah?

Phil: Before you went unconscious, you told me you loved me.

Dan: Yeah I know.

Phil: But why?

Dan: *smiles* Because I love you, you idiot.

Phil: *smiles* I love you too.