Chapter 1 || I Promise

(Y/n) POV 

I woke up to a bright and beautiful day however today was anything but perfect. As I got up I brushed my (h/l) (h/c) hair. I hate it when I have bed hair which is almost always. Then I had my maids put my hair in a waterfall braid. (A/N: If you have short hair just keep it down.) Once my maids left I put on my silver crown. I then put my (f/c) gown on. As I looked in the mirror I saw my tired and stressed (e/c) eyes. I remembered why, my sister was in her deathbed. All I could do was watch it all happen, helpless and useless. 

Then Link burst into my room and said with worry, "Princess (Y/n) come quickly to your sister's room."

I knew that look in his eyes. I ran all the way across the castle. I did not care that running was improper. As I reached my sister's room I saw everyone gathered around her bed. When she saw me she motioned me over to her.

She said, "(Y/n) I'm so sorry to leave you. But promise me you will carry on in my place as the new heir of Hyrule."

I said with tears forming, "No Zelda y-your going to be o-okay."

She said more stern this time, "(Y/n), promise me." then she grabbed my hand. She continued, "When I die you will take over as the new ruler. I know you will be a great ruler, even better than I would of been. But you have to promise me." 

Then I saw her close her eyes and her head hit her pillow. I waited a few moment and cried out, "Z-Zelda?!? Zelda? ZELDA?!" I then put her hand on my cheek and I whispered, "I promise."