Chapter 8 || Coronation

(Y/n) POV 

Today was it, the very day Zelda wanted to have but couldn't. I wish she was here. But then Impa told me to enter the room. As I walked in all eyes where on me. Then Link came over and offered his hand to me. I took it and he walked me to the priest who was crowning me. When I got over there he was holding a pillow. On the pillow were the Goddess Bracelets and the Goddess Harp. I put on the Goddess Bracelets and held the Goddess Harp.

He started, "Do you Princess (Y/n) (M/n) Hyrule swear to rule Hyrule? To always put Hyrule and it's people before yourself? To put its well being before your own? To always be faithful to Hyrule and its people? To always make the best choices for Hyrule?"

I said, "I do."

He continued, "Then I present the Royal Earpiece placed down generation to generation. I pray to the Goddesses that your rein take Hyrule into the future. May you make Hyrule the best it can be."

As I put the Royal Earpiece on its gems changed to a shade of (f/c)

As I put the Royal Earpiece on its gems changed to a shade of (f/c). Then to end the ceremony I played The Ballad of the Goddess on my harp. 

It was all over now. Once everyone left I went and sat on Hyrule's throne. Impa then approached me.

She said, "Princess now we will start your other training." I gave her the "what" look. She explained, "I will train you how to control your magical abilities." 

Then she motioned me to follow her. I did and we walked to that door I found on the day of Zelda's funeral. As we walked in I noticed there was more space for other portraits. I told Impa I saw this room before. 

Impa said, "This is the room of the Hyrule's past rulers. These portraits where made a lot. First time your portrait is made after your coronation. Then just on and on because you never know when your last breath will be. But if one of Hyrule's heirs is sick we make the portraits early. That is why there is a portrait of Zelda here." then Impa made us look at the first portrait in the room. She told me to read the plaque there. It said:

King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule I & Queen Mira Depevs Lenno Hyrule 

The first rulers of Hyrule. They are known for making the Rule of Rule. They had a daughter named Kreel. They were the only rulers that didn't name their first daughter Zelda. They ruled for 50 years before dying. 

I didn't read much more before Impa spoke again. She asked, "Are you familiar with the Rule of Rule?"

I said, "No."

Impa explained, "The Rule of Rule states the first born child can marry whoever they want so long as the person they marry are in a high class. However the second child can only marry royalty or not marry at all." at that statement I thought I have to marry someone who is royalty, I don't have a choice. Impa continued, "You may be Hyrule's new ruler but no one can change this rule."

My heart sank. I have to marry royalty I have no choice. I hate being the second princess. I can't get married to someone else I already love another. But I know he doesn't return the feelings. So at least I can't get heartbroken.

Impa said, "Go get your warrior outfit on we will start your magic training."

(A/N: I haven't said this yet but I will only update on the first day of the month and the last day. With the exceptions of holidays. Also that room with the past rulers of Hyrule will become more important later on. Hoped all of you liked this chapter.)