1. speed trapped

Haley's P.O.V.

It has been a couple of days since Marcus discovered the lab. Whenever he asked me about it, I would just tell him that I really don't go down there that much so I don't know a lot about it. I told him the only time I go down there was when Davenport wanted to show all of us something.

The five of us all sat down in the lab together before we had to leave for school, and we were all pretty excited for the new frozen yogurt shop opening tonight. Mission Creek doesn't have a lot of good places to eat so whenever something new was built, it was a pretty big deal. Adam and Leo were placing their things in their bags while Bree, Chase, and I sat around the table. Bree was brushing her hair until it was soft as a cloud while I was eating my toast.

"Tonight's the night!" Chase said to us excitedly, "The new frozen yogurt shop is opening. Fifty-two flavors and four of them are sugar free!"

Bree and I gave him weird looks from across the table. He scoffed at us and then looked at Bree, "Oh, who are you kidding? You passed out the first time Haley showed you nail polish."

"You just had to bring me into your nerd fest, didn't you?" I asked him sarcastically.

"I wouldn't have to if you weren't so busy scarfing down that toast until you puked." He shot back at me. I glared at him.

"Jerk." I said to him.

"Impertinent." He shot back.

"Egotistical." I shot back louder.

"Evil!" He shot back.

"Shut up!" Adam, Bree, Leo, and Davenport yelled at us. Chase and I looked at each other one more time before huffing and turning away from each other.

"I've heard of those yogurt places. They get you by charging extra for toppings, so I'm bring my own." Adam said. He unzipped the large, green jacket he was wearing and when he opened it, he had bags of different toppings hanging from inside. He said, "You don't even want to know what's in my pants." He hit his hand against his pants and we all heard a burst. He immediately began to say in pain, "Ow! How butterscotch!"

"Sorry. You guys are coming home straight after school so no flavors, no fro-yo, no hanging with the bros, peeps, and homies." Davenport said to them, and I immediately turned around and gave him a weird look. Bros, peeps, and homies?

"Bros, peeps, and homies?" Bree asked him, "Don't! Just... no."

"What's got you so grouchy? They run out of human footstools at the rich guy club?" Leo asked Davenport.

"Did you forget your little buddy, Marcus, found the lab the other day? He could've discovered our bionic secret!" Davenport said.

As Bree, Chase, and I stood up, Bree said, "Oh! Okay. So it's our fault that your million dollar smart home system didn't stop him?"

That's when Eddy came on the screen. He exclaimed, "Don't go there, super girl! I was getting my beauty sleep! Something you might want to look into."

"Look, it doesn't matter who's fault it was, even though there were some people who were supposed to be watching him." Davenport said as he pointed at Leo and I. The two of us looked at him before we began to point at him.

"Technically someone pulled Leo and Haley away letting Marcus roam free." Leo said as we pointed at him. Davenport rolled his eyes at us.

"Guys, you know you're talking about each other." Adam said, stating the obvious.

"Bottom line, I am keeping a tighter leash on you three. And Leo and Haley, because I can't always be there, you have to step it up and do a better job at watching them." Davenport told us.