7. the rats strike back

Haley's P.O.V.

It was another typical day at the Davenport house. Davenport, Leo, and I were all down in the lab while we waited for Adam, Bree, and Chase to get back. Davenport and Leo were talking about the mission while I texted Marcus. When they finally walked back into the lab, they looked completely exhausted.

Davenport began to clap and said, "Another successful mission! Sure, you guys blew a lot of stuff up, but hey, that's the city's problem now."

The three of them collapsed into chairs. Bree groaned, "I am so exhausted. I can't wait to just stand up and go to sleep."

"Well, you guys get your rest. My big NASA presentation is this week, and we still have to complete training on my gravity propulsion belt." Davenport said.

This grabbed Leo's attention. He shot up from his mission specialist desk and walked over to Davenport.

"I don't know what that is, but it sounds like it does a lot more than holding up my pants." Leo said to him. I just rolled my eyes. Hasn't he learned by now that Davenport isn't going to let him do anything cool?

Davenport ignored Leo and continued, "This is a huge contract. If NASA buys this, astronauts will be able to spacewalk anywhere in the galaxy." Then he said excitedly, "They'll probably name a moon after me. Or a planet! Things are going to land on me!"

He laughed excitedly and we all just gave him weird looks. He stopped laughing and then said, "I'll see you guys bright and early in the morning."

Leo's eyes widened and said, "Wait, tomorrow? No, no. That's not going to work. I planned an awesome cyber-pong tournament. I made nicknames and everything. I'm King Pong!" He flexed at the end and Bree and I just stood up quickly.

"And tomorrow, the Teen Fiancé marathon is on TV. Believe it or not, it is actually a good show. You watch one episode and you're hooked!" I said to him and Bree nodded in agreement.

"I didn't think it was possible, but I actually found a group of people who's lives are more pathetic than mine." Bree added. The boys just gave us weird looks.

"Yeah, and I was going to have a spa day." Adam said, "According to one of Bree's girly magazines, I have cankles."

"And I was going to get a head start on my homework!" Chase said. When we all gave him weird looks, he scoffed and said, "I mean, play sports and talk to girls."

"Alright, look. None of that is happening. This stuff is important." Davenport said to us, which made me a little angry.

"What makes your stuff more important than ours?" Bree asked as she walked towards him, speaking my mind.

Davenport pretended to think for a moment before saying, "Uh, because my stuff can make a billion dollars. So, when you're the boss, you can makes the rules, but until then, I am the king of Davenportia! And you all will do my bidding!"

He had his arms wide open and was now in between the doorway out of the lab. As he laughed, the door began to shut. He ended up getting caught in between them as they tried to close so he had to hurry up and run out. It was pretty funny to watch.

"Man, this stinks." Leo complained.

"Why do we always have to do what he wants us to do?" Bree asked.

"Weren't you listening? The man is king!" Adam said to her.

"Hey, maybe you should do what those hotel workers down town did. You know, strike!" Leo said, which was not a bad idea at all.

"Okay." Adam said before reaching over and punching Chase. Chase winced in pain and held his arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" He asked Adam.