14. bionic showdown

Haley's P.O.V.

It had seemed like a very long time since we were down in the lab waiting for Adam, Bree, and Chase to return from a mission. Things have been so crazy around here lately. I didn't even remember the last time they went on a mission. Things finally seemed like they were getting back to normal.

Or so I thought.

Davenport, Leo, and I were all waiting down in the lab for Adam, Bree, and Chase to return. When they walked through the doors cheering loudly, Leo and I ran over to them.

"Guys, that was awesome! You just prevented the biggest oil spill in history!" Leo exclaimed.

"Pretty slick, huh?" Chase punned and we all just gave him a look.

"If only we could've prevented that disaster of a pun." I said before walking away. I sat down at the cyber desk and continued to work on my report. I had this big paper due for history in a few days and I was nowhere close to done.

"Hey, uh, Mr. Davenport. Anything you'd like to say to us? Rhymes with good job." Bree asked him.

Adam leaned over and whispered, "The answer's in the clue."

Adam wasn't helping. In fact, Davenport was not happy. He said, "What were you guys thinking?"

"Nope, not even close. Two more guesses." Adam told him.

"You completely ignored my mission plan, improvised everything, and jeopardized the entire mission." Davenport said angrily.

"Mr. Davenport, we bust our butts all the time! And all you ever do is sit around the lab making lists of what we did wrong." Chase said to him.

"I do not just sit around making lists of... things you did wrong." He said as he cleared the list from his tablet and held it against his chest so they couldn't see it.

"That's true. He also practices Taekwondo in his tighty whities." Leo said and then gagged after he spoke. I gagged as Adam, Bree, and Chase bit their lips so they wouldn't laugh.

"They are not tighty whities! They are breathable exercises briefs!" Davenport defended.

"Like that's any better." I quipped at him.

Eddy came on the screen and said, "Whatever they are, keep your sweeping high kicks away from my screen."

Davenport glared at him before saying to Adam, Bree, and Chase, "Look, you guys got lucky this time, but without my precise planning, you are opening yourselves up for disaster. So just follow my orders."

Davenport began to walk towards the elevator, but the three bionics turned around.

"Well maybe your orders aren't always right." Chase said to him.

Leo and I both looked up from our desks with our eyes widened. He did not just say that.

Davenport turned around furiously and said, "Excuse me?"

"He said 'Well maybe your orders aren't always-"

"I heard him!" Davenport yelled cutting Adam off. He sighed frustratedly before walking over to the elevator. Adam, Bree, and Chase all went over to change out of the suits.

I picked up my jacket from the cyber desk and said to Leo, "I have to head home. I'll be here in the morning."

"Okay. Be careful." He told me.

"Always."

I had a weird feeling that something was going to happen tomorrow. I just wasn't sure what it was.