23. twas the mission before christmas

Haley's P.O.V.

As I gathered all of the presents I got for the Davenports and Leo, I couldn't help but smile. Tomorrow was Christmas, and I couldn't be happier. Christmas was my favorite time of the year. Not just because of the presents, but because of the atmosphere and how close everyone felt to their families. How could you not love the Christmas spirit? It was also our first Christmas with Adam, Bree, and Chase, which was very exciting.

I threw on my favorite Christmas sweater and my Santa hat before I geoleaped over to the Davenport house with my presents I had gotten them. When I geoleaped into the living room, Leo let out a small scream and dropped the basket of presents he was carrying on the couch.

I just smiled and said, "Ho, ho, ho!"

"I'm never going to get used to that." Leo said to me still shook.

As I set my presents next to the Christmas tree that Davenport was decorating, Adam walked over in a Santa suit and a tray in his hands and asked, "Who wants a Christmas cookie?"

"Me!" I said as I ran over to him. When I got there, I noticed that the cookies weren't even cooked, which didn't bother me. I picked up two of them and began to eat the cookie dough.

Leo looked at the cookies and said, "Adam, those aren't even cooked."

"Oh, no problem." He said before using his heat vision to cook some of the cookies. Once he was done, the cookies were now black and smoking. Some of them were even on fire. Adam quickly blew out the flames and said, "Careful, they may be hot."

"Great Leo. You ruined them." I said as I ate my cookie dough.

He opened his mouth to protest, but he was cut off when Bree walked through the front door. She said, "Okay, who covered the entire house in blinking lights? People already think we're weird. We don't need to shine a light on it."

"No, I did that. I want to make sure Santa Claus comes to our house first." Adam told her.

Bree rolled her eyes and said, "Adam, we all love Christmas, but I think you're going a little overboard."

Suddenly, there was a banging noise at the door. A moment later, Chase busted through the door, or should I say hopped through the door. He was tied up in Christmas lights and had a wreath around his shoulders. My hands immediately flew up to my mouth to keep myself from laughing.

"That, however, is spot on." Bree said to Adam.

Adam said to Chase, "Hey, get back up on the roof! You're ruining my display."

Chase snapped, "You are lucky a raccoon chewed me free!"

Adam just rolled his eyes while Bree, Leo, and I laughed. Suddenly, Adam's, Bree's, Chase's, and Davenport's phones all started ringing with the mission alert alarm. Davenport said, "That's an urgent mission alert. We have to get down to the lab."

We all ran down to the lab, completely leaving Chase tied up in the Christmas lights. I heard him try to hop after us, but then I heard a thud on the floor. I just laughed. He would make it down there eventually.

------

Chase eventually made his way down to the lab. I just laughed at him, but he ended up elbowing my arm lightly and taking my Santa hat and placing it on his head. Rude.

"The alert is coming from Facility X, my research center in the frozen tundra." Davenport explained.

"Hey, hey! I'm the mission specialist. I'll handle this." Leo said before turning towards us, "The alert is coming from Facility X, his research center in the frozen tundra."