11. hole in one

Haley's P.O.V.

It was another typical day at the Davenport house. Well, not so typical. Leo and I still haven't spoken a word to each other. We still hung out in the same room with each other, but we just don't say anything to each other. It created a lot of awkward tension between the five of us. Even though I hated fighting with him, I wasn't going to let this go until he let his whole 'Marcus being evil' thing go.

We all walked into the kitchen to get something to eat, but when we got in there, we say Davenport standing in front of something covered by a grey sheet. When he saw us, he got all excited.

"Hey guys! Check this out! I picked this up at an auction today and it only cost me a million dollars!" Davenport said proudly, which made me confused. Only a million dollars? I only spend like five dollars a month.

"For a sheet?" Adam asked and then said, "Man, I better start saving up if I want to be a ghost for Halloween."

"It's a painting, Adam, by a very famous artist named Vonshtop." Davenport said. He removed the sheet and he revealed a very colorful painting. We looked looked at it weirdly. I would not have spent a million dollars on that painting.

"Hm, I wish I would've been there to Vonshtop you from buying it." Leo punned and Davenport just gave him a look.

"What is it?" Adam asked as he looked at the painting.

"It's abstract art, Adam. It's whatever you think it is." Davenport explained.

"I think it's a crying woman." Bree said.

"I think it's a storm at sea." Chase said.

"I think it's a bad painting." I said sarcastically.

"And I think someone just blew a million bucks." Leo said. We both started to laugh at each other's comments, but when we realized what we were doing, we looked away from each other and immediately stopped laughing.

Davenport's phone began to rang and he took it out of his pocket. He said, "That's me. Davenport Industries."

I rolled my eyes as he answered the phone, "Hello? Uh huh. Oh boy. Alright." He hung up the phone and said, "Looks like I have to put out a fire at work."

"What happened?" Chase asked.

"Betty from accounting got her head caught in the positron collider again." He told us and we all winced in pain, "It's going to be messy. Can you guys put that in the art vault for me?"

"Wait, you have an art vault?" Leo asked.

"When are you guys going to learn? I have a everything." Davenport said proudly and began to laugh.

"I hope your ego gets stuck in that positron collider too." I said to him with a smile.

He just gave me a look before saying, "Whatever you do, do not touch the Daven-portraits."

When he walked out of the room, Leo and I looked at the others confused. I don't know what a Daven-portrait is, but I would like to keep it that way.

"What's a Daven-portrait?" Leo asked.

The next thing we knew, the five of us were down in his art vault. That's where I found out what a Daven-portrait was. There were many famous portraits in here, but all of them had Davenport's head painted in place of the actual thing. It was an absolute nightmare. Leo had his hands up to his face like he was the man from the scream portrait.

"Am I screaming out loud or just inside my head?" Leo asked us.

"I'm just going to say it. Davenport is one weird dude." Chase said.