15. memory wipe

Haley's P.O.V.

It's been a few weeks since the showdown in Douglas's lair. There was still no sign of him anywhere, but we had a feeling that we would see him again. Even though I still got upset when I thought about Marcus, I've managed to find some things to do to keep him off my mind. Things were starting to get back to normal.

Well, for the others at least.

Being bionic isn't as easy as I thought it would be. While it is really cool, it's a lot harder to control my bionics than it seems. Last week, I was at home and I really wanted some frozen yogurt. I thought about the yogurt place and I accidentally geo-leaped there without meaning to. I called Davenport panicking because I thought someone saw me, but thankfully, no one did.

Davenport was able to log into my chip so he could see the basic abilities that I had. Right now, the abilities I had were energy transference, lightning manipulation, geo-leaping, and I can create a force field. He said that there were secret codes on my chip so that meant I also had hidden abilities I hadn't uncovered yet. Davenport also put a block on my Triton app like he promised and built an extra capsule in the guest bedroom where I would sleep on the weekends I slept there. I would also take naps during the week so I wouldn't glitch throughout the week.

Davenport has been training me for the past couple of weeks, and he's been starting me off with the basic stuff. Since my bionic abilities are different from Adam, Bree, and Chase's he's had to come up with ways for me to control my abilities. We didn't want lightning to shoot out of my fingers in the middle of math class. While Adam and Bree looked out for me a lot, Chase actually has helped me quite a bit. He's helped me control my bionics and we've actually been getting along lately. We still made a lot of sarcastic comments to each other, but we knew that we were kidding.

Leo has been keeping an extra close eye on me too. Even though he thinks it's awesome that I'm bionic, he also knows that I didn't have complete control over my bionics yet. I still felt really bad for not believing Leo. There were moments where I just wanted to not be near him because I felt like he didn't deserve to have a friend who didn't listen to him. Now that I'm bionic, it's really hard to keep him away when I want.

Last night, Adam, Bree, Chase, and Leo all got grounded for three weeks because they got caught sneaking back into the house after curfew. They went to a party, and they invited me to go, but I didn't think that was the best idea. Even though they were grounded, Davenport still let me come over since that was really the only place I felt comfortable nowadays. We were all down in the lab playing cards when Adam groaned.

"I hate being grounded! Is the three weeks over yet?" Adam asked.

"It hasn't even been a day." Bree said and Adam groaned again.

That's when Davenport ran into the room and said to us excitedly, "Guys! Guys! I did it! I finally did it!"

"Graduated to big boy shoes?" Leo asked excitedly, but sarcastically. I bit my lip so I wouldn't laugh as I set down my cards.

"No. I finally achieved something I've wanted my whole life. I won the Presidential Medal for Scientific Achievement!" He said to us excitedly as he widened his arms out and had a huge grin on his face.

"That's great!" Chase said.

"I think I got one of those for doing pull ups in gym class." Adam added as he placed a card down on the table.

"I don't think so." Davenport said.

"Oh, yeah. You're right. It was push-ups." Adam corrected.

Davenport gave him a look before continuing, "This is the highest honor a scientist can receive. My picture is going to be plastered online and offline. If there's a line, my face is going to be on it!"