17. adam up

Haley's P.O.V.

Ever since we placed frozen Douglas in one of Davenport's warehouses far away from Mission Creek, a small piece of stress has been lifted off my shoulders. Notice how I said small piece.

Davenport was currently away on business right now, which left Adam, Bree, Chase, and I to train on our own. Davenport gave Chase our training schedules for each day so we could still train while he was away. Davenport had me focus more on my energy transference and he also had me go into the combat simulator with Adam, Bree, and Chase. The last time I was in the simulator was on Leo's birthday last year, and it was definitely as fun as I remembered it to be.

Right now, I was in the simulator with Adam, Bree, and Chase. The four of us were fighting a team of cyborgs, which was pretty awesome. Davenport taught me some of the basics in combat, but he definitely isn't someone you want to watch try to do combat moves. I wasn't doing too bad in the simulator today, which made me feel pretty good.

Once we took down all the cyborgs, Leo turned off the simulator from his desk. As we took off our goggles, he said to us, "Great job, guys! You just took down an entire virtual unit of cyborgs!"

Eddy came into the screen on the wall and said, "I think it's sad that you have to invent people to play with you."

Bree and I rolled our eyes as I took a drink of water. He drove me insane.

"Alright Leo. I'm off the clock. Let's get out of here." Adam said suddenly.

The two of them began to walk out of the lab, but Chase quickly ran over to them. Chase said, "Woah, woah, woah. Just because Mr. Davenport's away doesn't mean we stop training."

Both of the boys groaned, which made Bree and I bite our lips so we wouldn't laugh. Even though Chase ruined the fun in pretty much anything, he was right. Normally, I would be all for skipping training and doing something fun with Adam and Leo, but I need to learn how to control my bionics. If I can't control them, then I can't do anything crazy without possibly hurting someone.

"How do you think I feel? I'm missing a four hour documentary on the history of the printing press." Chase said to them, and we all just gave him weird looks.

"How exciting. Does that come on before or after the 'Chase is lame' show?" I asked him sarcastically.

He just glared at me as Adam said, "But Leo and I were going to play Human Bull's Eye Bounce! Don't worry. It's way more dangerous than it sounds."

Like that's really assuring.

"Human Bull's Eye Bounce?" Chase repeated, "Is there any way you could get a good enough bounce to land in the emergency room? Because that would save us a lot of time."

"Nope. He's right, Adam. As much as I enjoy watching you get hurt, and I really do, we have to train." Bree said to him.

"They're right. Even though it pains me that I'm missing the most boring documentary in history, we have to train." I told them.

"I hate you." Chase said to me with a glare.

"Oh, come on!" Leo groaned, "The adults are away! If we don't take advantage by doing something destructive, we're no better than... Chase."

Chase looked offended as the three of us nodded in agreement with Leo. Chase said, "I'm sorry, but unless he can be in two places at once, he's training. Come on, let's get the boa staffs."

As the three of us began to walk to the equipment room, Adam groaned, "Aw man! I never get to do what I want! It's not fair!"

"Aw, are all of your cool bionic abilities and top secret missions getting you down?" Bree asked sarcastically.