12. trucked out

Haley's P.O.V.

A few days have passed since Leo and I made up. Things seemed pretty much back in place, but there was still some weird tension. We tried our best to not talk about Marcus to each other because we knew if we did, it would just lead to another fight.

Bree, Chase, Leo, and I were all sitting in the living room waiting for Adam to get home. For weeks, Adam has actually been studying and practicing so he could get his driver's license. We were all just hoping that there was some possible way that Adam would pass this test. We were beginning to grow impatient as more time passed.

"I cannot believe Adam isn't back from his driving test. What's taking him so long?" Leo asked us.

"Two words: Adam, test." Bree said.

"Man, if he passes, it's good news for us and bad news for everyone on the road... or the sidewalk." Chase said. He began to chuckle, but I smacked him in the arm.

"Well, he has to pass! I need him to drive me to that party on Saturday!" Leo said.

"What party? You don't get invited to parties." I stated as I put down my phone.

Leo laughed for a moment before saying, "The one you weren't invited to."

Bree put down her magazine and sat up on the couch. She asked Leo, "You got invited to Caroline Davis's party, and I didn't?"

"Neither did I." Chase stated.

"No surprise there." I said.

"Oh really? I don't see your invitation to the party." He said to me.

"Yeah because I don't care about getting invited to a stupid party. I have better things to be doing. Like sleeping." I told him. He just rolled his eyes playfully and smacked me lightly.

"Wait, why were you invited?" Bree asked Leo.

"Oh, Bree. I'm climbing the social ladder. There are now three or four ladies who make eye contact with me in the hallway." Leo said and the three of us just gave him weird looks. He sighed and said, "Okay! Two, but I'm going to the party."

When the front door began to open, Bree exclaimed, "He's home!" We all shot up from the couch excitedly, but when Tasha walked in, we all groaned and collapsed back onto the couch.

She gave us a look and said, "Nice to see you too."

"Sorry mom. How's it going?" Leo asked her.

"Great! I've had the best day. It all started when-" She began to say, but she was cut off when the front door began to open.

"Save it for later, woman! Adam's here!" Leo said as he shoved Tasha to the side. Bree, Chase, and I all shot up from the couch and ran to the front door. Davenport walked inside and looked at him expectantly.

Davenport paused for a moment before saying, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Mission Creek's newest fully licensed driver."

He held his hands out to the doorway, but no one was there. We all tried to look around to see Adam, but he wasn't there. When Davenport noticed, he looked outside and said, "Adam! That's you!"

"Oh right!" We heard Adam say from outside. He ran through the front door and exclaimed, "Woohoo! I passed!"

We all began to cheer loudly as Davenport and Adam walked into the house. Davenport said, "He really impressed me. He got a ninety-six on the test!"