20. perry 2.0

Haley's P.O.V.

It has been a few weeks since Leo and I finally talked about everything, and I couldn't have been happier with the way things were right now. Even though I have been training a lot, we have still been spending a lot of time together. Right after training, we would either go to the movies, go get frozen yogurt, play video games, you name it. Things were finally starting to return to normal, and it made me feel a lot better.

It was another day at school, and I wanted more than anything to just go home. I barely got any sleep last night, and I was really on the edge with everyone today. Chase, Leo, and I were walking down the stairs at school when Perry walked out of her office with a microphone in her hand and a student was holding a small speaker behind her. She said, "Morning, germ sacks."

"Oh great." I grumbled.

"I know that you've all been complaining that the technology isn't quite-" She began to say, but the microphone began to malfunction. She began to hit the microphone, which caused a loud shriek to come from the amplifier and we all covered our ears quickly. When she got it to start working again, she said, "State of the art. So, thanks to yours truly, we're getting cutting edge equipment for the whole school to enjoy. Jojo, Betty, let's go ladies! Wheel it like it's hot!"

Chase, Leo, and I turned and saw two lunch ladies wheeling a cart with a silver sheet over it. Perry said, "Behold Mission Creek High's brand new media center!"

The lunch ladies pulled off the sheet and revealed a TV. Except the TV was nowhere close to new. In fact, it looked like it came from the time of dinosaurs. I know there were no televisions when dinosaurs were around, but you now what I mean. The TV was really, really old.

"Wow, that's pretty ancient." I grumbled.

"Yeah, I don't think you can call it technology if you have to change the channel with a pair of pliers." Leo agreed.

Chase asked, "Why do I smell Formaldehyde?"

"Cause I found it on a curb outside the morgue." She stated, and we all widened our eyes, "I'm getting all my Christmas presents there too. Aunt Dotty's getting sheets."

"How could you consider this thing new?" I asked her, referring to the TV.

"It's new to you, Ford." She shot at me.

She walked away from us, and I rolled my eyes. I was seriously not in the mood for her crap today. The only thing I was in the mood for was a nap. I turned towards Chase and Leo and said, "I hate her so much. I just want to take her to the river, drown her, chop her up, cook her, and feed her to her nasty cats. I don't understand how she is employed."

Chase just looked at me for a moment and said, "Yeah, you really need a nap."

I gave him a look as Perry walked back in. She walked over to the ancient TV and said, "Okay. Let's fire up the media center!"

She plugged in the TV. It turned on for a moment, but it ended up sparking, and the electricity went out. I wiped the smoke coming from the TV away from me as Perry said, "Minor setback. For the record, you all look much better in this light."

The three of us just rolled our eyes. How do we deal with her every day?

------