24. trent gets schooled

Haley's P.O.V.

Christmas and New Years had come and gone. The new semester began a few weeks ago, and I was already dreading it. All of my hard classes were this semester so I really need to get my butt into gear and actually do something. It has also been a few weeks since mine and Chase's awkward encounter on Christmas.

It made me feel awkward even thinking about it. It has been pretty awkward between the two of us lately because we haven't talked about what happened. We haven't even made sarcastic comments to each other lately because we just don't know what to say to each other. Out of all people, why him?

Why in the world did I get stuck with Chase Davenport underneath the mistletoe?

It was another day at school, and Adam, Bree, Leo, and I were all eating lunch. Chase was still in line getting his food when Perry busted through the cafeteria doors and said, "Greetings, puke puddles!"

We all looked at each other in disgust while she continued, "Tomorrow is yearbook photo day, and while I'm not sure why anyone would want a record of this awkward phase of your lives-" She turned to one student and cringed, "I'll be your photographer. Oh, and don't blink, cause homie don't do retakes! Ha ha!"

When she walked out of the cafeteria, Bree said to us, "Well, that settles it. I am so getting me hair done right after school."

"Oh! Can you bring me back some clippings off the floor? I need 'em to finish my Taj Mahair." Adam said. We looked at him confused, but then disgusted once he pulled out a model of the Taj Mahal made out of hair. I was seriously about to puke.

"Where did all of that hair come from?" I asked in disgust.

"Pets, shower drains, brushes-if you want it, you can get it." Adam said.

"Well, that is disgusting." Bree told him.

"Well, if you think thats gross, wait until you see Buckinghair Palace." He grinned. I took my glass of water and took a large drink from it to keep myself from puking.

"Why are you so concerned about a stupid yearbook photo?" Leo asked Bree. That's when Chase walked up to us with an orange in his hand. We made awkward eye contact, but we looked away from each other quickly. Nobody seemed to notice except us.

"I am still trying to live down last year's picture when I wasn't ready for the flash and my eyes glitched." She said. She held up the old yearbook and showed us her picture from last year. Her eyes were completely black and she looked like she was dead. Adam and Chase cringed as they looked at it.

"Bree, your zombie picture was the least of the problems with the yearbook. Perry photobombed every group picture." Chase said. We flipped through the pages and looked at them as Chase listed them off, "Drama club, cheerleaders, swim team-"

"No, no!" Leo said as he grabbed the yearbook and quickly shut it, "None of us need to see that again."

The bell rang, and we all stood up to leave the cafeteria. Adam and Bree went the other direction while Chase, Leo, and I all walked together. We entered the hallway and were immediately met with the football team, who were in their playing positions. Who was the captain of the football team? Trent.

"Move thirty-two! Hut! Hut!" Trent said. One of the other players tossed it back to Trent, who tossed it to another player near us. He caught it and almost stumbled into us. What in the world were they doing?