3. missin' the mission

Haley's P.O.V.

Leo had called me to let me know that Adam, Bree, and Chase had went on a mission. I went over there as fast as I could so that way I could be there when they got back. I guess Davenport went with them on the mission this time, and Leo made a list of suggestions for the mission. I knew that Leo wanted to be a part of the team really bad. I did too, but not as much as he did. Part of me enjoyed just sitting back and watching everything happen, but I would also like to help out sometimes.

When they finally got back from the mission, Leo and I went down to the lab. The lab doors slid open, and Davenport was lying on the ground. Leo and I just stepped over him and to Adam, Bree, and Chase.

"Hey guys! How's the mission go?" I asked them.

"Great. We fixed the pentagon's communication satellite and returned it to orbit." Bree told us.

"I even rigged it so we get every TV channel in the world! Who wants to watch Guatemalan drag racing?" Chase asked us. We all gave him weird looks.

"Really?" I asked him.

"Oh, come on! I rigged it for your house too!" He said to me.

"Did my suggestions come in handy on the mission?" Leo asked them and they looked confused.

"What suggestions?" Chase asked him. Leo's smile began to fall.

"I did a ton of strategic research and gave it to Big D." Leo said as he walked over to Davenport, who was no longer on the ground.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry, Leo. I didn't have time to use it." Davenport told him.

"Yes you did! You spilled your coffee, and you used Leo's research to mop it up." Adam said and Leo's jaw fell to the floor. Why am I not even surprised?

"You used my suggestions as a sponge?" Leo asked Davenport in disbelief.

"More like a paper towel." Davenport said, trying to make it sound better than it was, "But it was very absorbent. Why don't you guys go clear out the rest of your gear?"

Adam, Bree, and Chase left the room as Leo stood there in disbelief. I went to walk out of the room, but Leo grabbed my arm and dragged me over to Davenport with him.

"We need to talk." Leo said to Davenport, "I'm done being the waterboy. I want to be a part of the team."

"Leo, I told you. You can't be a part of the team. You're not bionic. And besides, statistics show that most accidents happen within a three mile radius of you." Davenport pointed out and Leo looked offended.

"But I've grown. I've matured. I wear a medium now." Leo said proudly. When Davenport didn't say anything, Leo continued, "Look, I know I can't go on missions. I can help you in other ways. You keep ignoring me!"

Davenport looked up from the cyberdesk and said, "Hm?"

Leo and I rolled our eyes. Why was I even down here for this conversation?

"You know what? Maybe there is a way you can help out around here. You too, Haley." He said to me, and we both grew excited.

"Finally!" Leo exclaimed.

"What is it?" I asked excitedly.

"Here." Davenport said. He reached underneath the desk and pulled out a binder with a lot of papers in it. Leo and I looked at it confused, "You two can type up the mission summary reports."

"You want us to be your secretaries?" I asked him as he began to walk out.

"No. Secretaries get paid. You'd be doing this for free." Davenport said to me.