10. leo vs. evil

Haley's P.O.V.

Today was the day. Today was the day that Marcus was finally going to be back at school after a long week. It made me a little worried because I haven't heard from him since he left. Hopefully everything was alright.

It was the end of the school day, and Marcus told us that he would meet all of us by the stairs. Adam and Chase somehow decided that they were going to arm wrestle, which doesn't make any sense because we all know that Adam would snap Chase's arm like a twig. We got to the bottom of the stairs and Adam began to stretch and flex his muscles.

"Are we sure this is a good idea?" Bree asked us.

I scoffed, "Please, watching Chase get crushed by Adam is always a good idea."

Chase looked at me and rolled his eyes as Leo said to him, "Chase, there's no way you can beat Adam arm wrestling. It would be like a chicken wrestling an alligator. All we'd hear is a cocka-doodle-crunch."

The four of us laughed as Chase just gave us all looks. Adam said, "He's right, bro. Your spaghetti arms are no match for these meatballs."

Adam flexed his arms and began to kiss his biceps. We all gave him weird looks as he switched back and forth from each arm.

"Hey, when you're done kissing your girlfriends, let's do this." Chase said to him.

Adam and Chase both walked over to the bench on either side. Leo, Bree, and I walked over to stand next to them.

"Better back up, Leo. You're in the splatter zone." Bree said to him.

"Okay, I want a clean match. No whining, screaming, crying, or tap outs." Leo said.

"He's looking at you, Chase." I added. Chase looked at me again and rolled his eyes. They both held up their hands and got ready.

"Three, two, one, GO!" Leo said.

Before Adam could grab Chase's hand, Chase licked his hand and grabbed Adam's hand quickly. Adam yelled in disgust as Chase pusher Adam's hand down like it was nothing. Chase jumped up proudly as Adam ran over to us.

"No fair! He licked his hand!" Adam whines as he wiped his hand on Bree's sleeve. Bree slapped him away from her.

"Exactly! Clever beats strong any day!" Chase laughed evilly.

"Chase wins!" Leo said as he held up Chase's hand, but then he seemed to realize something. He asked Chase, "Wait, which hand did you lick?"

"That one." Chase pointed at the hand Leo was holding.

Leo winced and dropped it quickly. He grabbed the other one, held it up in the air, and said again, "Chase wins!"

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around quickly because not a lot of people tap on my shoulder. I relaxed and smiled when I saw that it was Marcus.

"Hey you." He said with a smile.

"Hey! You're back!" I said excitedly as I reached up and hugged him tightly. I could feel Leo's eyes burning a hole into us.

We pulled away from our hug, and Marcus's arm still rested around my shoulders as he said, "Hey guys!"

"Oh, bundle up everyone! It just got partially creepy with a hundred percent chance of annoying." Leo said as he glared at Marcus and I rolled my eyes.

"Am I going to need my umbrella for that?" Adam asked him.

"So, do you guys want to hang out at my house after school? We just got a sick new flat screen." Marcus said to us, which I'm guessing excluded Leo.