36|| I Loved Her First

"You'd lose your mind trying to understand mine."

- Anonymous

36|| I Loved Her First

-----------------------------------

8 years old.

"Hmmm hmm..." I hum as I pick some flowers from my garden. I tie the stems up together with three pieces of grass and smell it. "Brother would love this!" I giggle. I let out a deep breath and look up at the sky.

It's so beautiful today.

I take in the refreshing air and lay down on my back. "Naaa na na... Nana na na na... Nana nana..." I sing and close my eyes. "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream. I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam. And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem. But if I know you, I know what you'll do, You'll love me at once the way you did once upon a dream. But if I know you, I know what you'll do, You'll love me at once, The way you did once upon a dream."

"You have a beautiful voice." I hear a soft voice says.

"Huh?!" I sit up and see Luda smiling at me. "Oh! Luda..." I let out a relieved sigh. "Thank you." I smile and pat the spot next to me. "Come sit."

He stares at the spot and slowly lowers himself to sit next to me. His cheeks were crimson red and I poked them. "Wah! It's burning up!" I giggle. His face turns a darker shade of red and he turns away.

"It's just a little hot." He shrugs.

"Hmm." I start picking at the grass.

"Do you like to sing?" He asks.

I pause and tuck my hair behind my ear. "I do."

"You're really good. You should sing more often." He says and I bite my bottom lip.

"I'd... Love to but..."

"But...?" He peers at my face and my cheeks heat up. I look away and sigh.

"Well... My voice is kind of like a Siren's so..." I purse my lips and he nods understandingly.

"Yeah... I did get a little out of it when you sang." He smiles and I giggle.

"Sorry..." I shrug.

"Ah-no... No... You don't need to apologise for having a beautiful voice." His cheeks turn red and he looks away.

"T-Thank you. But... I love singing, I wouldn't even mind having a terrible voice, at least I'd be able to sing in front of people without having to be afraid of blowing their brains out."

"Blowing their brains out?" He chuckles.

"I-I don't know." I giggle whilst shaking my head.

I look up and see him gazing at me with a soft smile. "S-so... What are you doing there?" He points to the poppies in my hand.

"O-oh!" I had made a poppy chain without even noticing it. "A-a poppy chain." I say and he stares at the chain. "Want me to teach you?" I smile and he grins.

After chatting, getting to know each other and teaching Luda how to make a poppy chain, we walked down the hallway to my room.

"Wait..." He takes my hand and pulls me behind a pillar.

"W-What's wrong?" I whispers and he covers my mouth.

"Angel." He says and my eyes widen.

To be honest, I feared Angels, ever since they killed Rosa. I was terrified of them.