pick-up lines (losers club)

warnings: sexual innuendos, fluff

a/n: im not even sorry

You giggled as your friends were once again shushed by the school librarian. You almost felt bad for Ben, who had suggested the idea of studying together. Said boy looked like he was in immense pain every time the librarian did so much as glance at your overcrowded table.

For the past hour, it had been nothing but chaos. Richie spent the entire time making paper airplanes and inappropriate comments, which was nothing new. Though Mike didn't go to school, he quizzed you and Bill on different social studies terms. All the while, Ben and Beverly were looking at different books.

Eddie and Stan had tried to study math together, until Richie said, "Hey, I can do math, too." He turned to you and smirked.

You looked up from your notes when you noticed his staring. "What?"

"I'd say I'm good enough at math to know that I + U = 69," he smirked.

You turned and unflattering shade of pink. Of all your time spent with your friends making comments such as these, you should have been used to it. But no. You always got flustered, and that's what made it fun for them. Seeing your face light up like a Christmas tree was the highlight of their day.

"Wait," Beverly cut in. "That would mean that I = 59 because U sure are a 10." She winked at you.

You turned beet red. "O-Oh?"

"No, no, no," Stan said. "U + I = 145, as the atomic number for Uranium is 92, and the atomic number for I is 53. You know, 'cause we got chemistry."

"If y'all get any smoother, I'm gonna slip on the floor," you sighed, placing your burning face in your hands.

"I w-wish I was th-the f-flo-or," Bill stuttered.

"Oh, not you, too!" you exclaimed, your head whipping up and making your friends laugh.

"We love you, [name]!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love me, too, now let's get back to work."

xtra-

"Excuse me, I'm going to have to ask you all to leave."