music (losers club)

warning(s): swearing

though few people actually knew, you were amazing at playing the piano and the guitar. you had taught yourself, for your parents weren't home often, and the piano in your household was too grand to be ignored. so, you purchased some beginner books from the music store where you lived and learned. eventually, you saved enough money to buy a guitar and some books to help you learn. and by the age of 10, you were stunning at both.

when you turned 11, your parents divorced. your mother took your away from that house, away from that piano, and to a small called called Derry in Maine, where her sister lived. your new house did not have a piano, and you were grateful to have been able to take your guitar with you. your first week in Derry, your mother was looking for a job, and sometimes she would take breaks from searching and listen to you, appreciate your music and voice. she began to realize how much she had neglected you, and decided she would try to make amends.

meanwhile, you were the new kid in school. people where approaching you left and right, curious of where you came from, of what you were like. it filled you with anxiety, and at the end of the day, your guitar was your release. that was, until you came across the school's music room.

you were looking for a peaceful place to eat lunch one day when you caught sight of a piano similar to the one you had before you moved. you subconsciously moved into the room to admire the piano and made friends with the music teacher. he asked if you played and you explained how you were self taught on both the guitar and the piano. he had smiled and asked you to play for him. and you did.

soon after that encounter, you began eating in the music room with the teacher and worked on different music pieces he showed you. then one day, a kid walked in as you were playing and singing. the teacher had motioned for him to be quiet, but you noticed his presence and stopped.

"i, uh, w-wanted to s-s-see wh-where the music was c-coming from," the kid stuttered.

you avoided his gaze, slightly embarrassed. the teacher simply smiled.

"that's alright, bill," he said calmly. "[name], you can continue."

you gulped and nodded, looking to the sheet of music to see where to place your fingers. you took a breath before continuing where you were in the song. bill stood there and gaped as you played until the bell rang, and he scurried off without saying goodbye.

his friends did not believe him when he spoke of what he had experienced.

"now way," richie scoffed. "have you seen how shy she is? she's like a living, breathing bambi."

bill rolled his eyes. "i kn-know what i-i saw."

stan shrugged. "i'll believe it when i see it."

so, the next day, bill dragged eddie, richie, and stan to the music room, where you were already playing a song and and singing along. the music teacher was in his office, and you didn't notice when they entered quietly.

bill gave the other three a smug look as they gaped. you played an incorrect chord and cringed, ceasing your playing. that's when you noticed the four boys standing in the doorway. your face heated up.

"um... hello," you said quietly.

"holy shit," richie breathed. eddie hit him for the foul language, but said nothing. he couldn't say anything. he was too amazed.

bill smiled. "h-hi, im bill de-denbrough." he nudged stan in the ribs, shaking him out of his stunned stupor.

"oh, im stanley uris," he said, face heating up. "your playing was beautiful. and your voice was beautiful."

you blushed. "thanks."

"im eddie kaspbrak," eddie said.

richie smirked, his stunned state fleeing. "and im richie tozier. that was... pretty."

you smiled softly at the four boys. "im [name] [last name]."

the bell rang. you gathered your books before standing from the piano bench. "i guess i'll be seeing you four around?"

"d-definitely," bill said, smiling at you. you flashed him a smile in return as you brushed past him out of the music room. they stared after you.

"dibs," stan said bluntly.

"n-no way," bill complained. "i s-saw her first."

"triers are criers," eddie said, shooting the other three glares. "she's mine."

"im the funniest, and the most attractive," richie scoffed, pushing up his glasses. "i'd say it's no contest."

the music teacher watched from his office as the bickering boys exited his room. he chuckled quietly. you were going to make this a fun and eventful year.