rain (eddie kaspbrak)

warning(s): mentions of abuse

lowercase is intended (i got lazy whoops)

eddie gazed at the small drops pattering against his window, an uneven rhythm sounding throughout his empty house. his mother had left to go get groceries, leaving him alone to wait out this storm.

for the past few days, eddie had never felt more alone, for you and him had gotten into a fight. he had mentioned something about reporting your abusive mother when he saw the new scars littering your face, and you went off on him. though he knew that you meant none of the things you said, that you were just releasing pent up anger, the words still stung days later.

he tried not to think about it, but it was difficult. now that it was the weekend, he had nothing else to think about. he wondered if you were gazing out your window, too, thinking the same thoughts.

almost as if on cue, there was a light, rhythmic tap on his door. curiously, he got up to answer it. but when he opened the door, his heart stopped.

"[name]?" he questioned softly when he saw you soaking in the outside conditions. his instincts kicked in. "what are you doing out here? you could get sick! the-"

"eddie," you spoke, cutting him off, and he took his time to scan you over.

you stood there, grasping your arm, which was covered in blood. more tiny scars littered your face, and your knee was incredibly bruised. add that to the rain cascading down your body, and you almost looked like a monster.

without speaking a word, eddie moved to let you in the house. you walked in, trying desperately not to limp due to the condition your knee was in.

you settled yourself on his couch as he went to get you new clothes, which you changed into as he went to get his first aid kit. he silently cleaned your wounds, not bothering to meet your eyes. he tried not to think about how cute you looked in his clothes. he tried not to think about how heavenly you looked with the drops of water clinging to your hair. he tried not to think about that even though you had been out in the rain, your natural, pleasurable scent remained. he tried not to think-

his thoughts drained when you took a shaky breath. "im sorry. im so, so sorry."

"whatever," eddie said, suddenly feeling foolish about the fight. "let's just... forget about it."

you nodded in agreement. "im sorry."

"stop apologizing," eddie sighed, grabbing another small band-aid to place on your forehead. "you had a lot of anger that i provoked. you shouldn't be apologizing for anything."

you nodded and took another shaky breath. eddie leaned back, seeing if he had missed any other spots. he nodded in satisfaction.

"do you need anything else before i check your knee?" he asked politely.

"i need a hug."

eddie smiled slightly and held his arms open for you. you shifted closer and fell into his embrace.

the feelings of having you back in his arms was practically euphoric. though your body was cold, his warmth made up for it. but his heart broke a little when your shoulders started shaking.

"you can cry," he said slowly. "crying's good. you'll feel better after."

so, you did. you silently sobbed into his shirt, but he didn't mind it. he focused on running his fingers soothingly through your soft hair with one hand, and tracing relaxing patterns into your back with the other. you both sat in silence, wrapped in each other's arms as the sound of the rain outside made up for the lack of conversation.

"i love you," he said when your sobs slowly reduced to hiccups.

"i love you, too," you sniffed. you leaned up and gave him a short peck.

he smiled at you, his thumbs moving to wipe at the tears on your cheeks. you smiled softly at the innocent action.

"alright," he sighed, a little hesitantly, for he didn't want to move from his current position. "let's get that knee checked out."