cuddles (bev marsh)

warnings: rated eh for extremely homosexual, sexual innuendos

you hummed as you looked out at the snow starting to cover the ground. "if this continues, you all may be stuck with me for a day or two."

"you say that like it's a bad thing," richie said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"do that again, and you're sleeping outside tonight," you said, scoffing playfully.

bev smiled along with the rest of the losers, silently praying for the snow to continue to fall and stick. it was not only the fact that that would give her a chance to escape her father, but she would also get to spend some more time with you and the rest of the people she loved.

you sighed and stood from the comfortable chair you were sitting in. "i'll get hot chocolate going. feel free to start a board game or something." you exited your room to make your way to the kitchen.

eddie, bill, and stan made their way over to the shelf where you kept your games. the rest of them broke off into separate conversations.

beverly was staring out your window, at the falling snow, when she felt a presence beside her. she turned her head to see a smiling mike.

"so, bev," he smiled, "i was thinking. it's gonna be cold tonight."

she rolled her eyes. "if you're asking me to be your cuddle buddy or whatever-"

"no, no, no," he chuckled. "quite the contrary, actually."

bev arched an eyebrow. "you have my attention."

mike's grin grew. "i can't help but notice your attraction to our dearest [name]."

bev's face flushed nearly as bright as her hair. she spoke quietly when she said, "no way. she's straight."

mike's eyebrows raised just as the door opened, and you entered with a tray of fresh hot chocolate and cookies. "you sure?" he asked before going to assist you with the tray.

beverly questioned mike's words for the rest of the night. she took the time to notice how you insisted on sitting by her side, and continuously smiled as she spoke, hanging on every word. not only that, your eyes seemed brighter when you gazed at her, like they were filled with admiration. with love. and she fell even harder for you when she saw it.

when you decided to settle down and sleep, it ended up with you and bev sharing your bed and the boys spreading out on your floor. bev's heart was practically jumping out of her chest as she gazed at you through the darkness. your face was peaceful and relaxed as your slept, your mouth slightly hanging open. she drank in this sight easily, stamping the pure, innocent image into her mind.

suddenly, your face contorted into one of discomfort, and you shifted in your sleep. bev's breath hitched when you moved closer, your hand brushing against hers. she almost shivered at your touch, for you hand was ice cold. slowly and hesitantly, she decided to do something about it, and moved to hold your hand, awaiting your reaction. your sleeping state didn't seem satisfied. bev's heart practically stopped when you moved even closer and pressed your cold cheek against the crook of bev's neck.

once again, she moved slowly, as if testing the waters. she wrapped one of her arms around your shoulders, drawing you slightly closer to her. she shuddered at the feeling of your cold body against her warmer one. you finally smiled in your sleep, making bev let out a breath of relief. she gazed at your relaxed state a little longer before burying her face into your hair and drifting off to sleep herself.

you were delighted to wake up in beverly's arms, your legs tangled together under the thick sheets of your bed. you were even more delighted when yous aw the foot of snow outside. but for now, you simply settled yourself back into bev's arms and decided to think about arrangements later.