like that (stan uris x reader)

warning: just a little long enjoy

seven minutes in heaven had been your idea. you and the rest of the losers had been trying for weeks to get richie and eddie to confess to each other before either of them exploded. you had tried everything: making plans and everyone but them cancelling last minute, "accidentally" locking them into a room together, and all but shoving them to each other at any given opportunity. but none of it was working. so you had suggested that lovely game.

"we rig it!" you grinned when ben questioned you. "we make sure they draw the other's object. like we all know that eddie would put in his inhaler, so we make all the other objects significantly smaller, because we know richie's ambitious and would go straight for the big prize!" they laughed and nodded along. "but to make it more believable as a totally random quirky idea of mine, we should also play a few rounds in total."

"throw them off the scent," mike nodded.

"exactly, my boy!" you grinned. the determined look on your face was absolutely adorable to stan.

though stan had a major crush on you, he prayed you two wouldn't end up in the closet together. while it could be a dream come true, he had a plan. and that plan involved sweeping you off your feet, not being pressured to kiss in some dinky old closet.

at the hangout the next day, you tried to mention it as casually as you could. you kept the hang out lowkey, just some funny truth games, and when richie finally piped up that he was bored, you tried to act as if the idea were brand new.

"let's spice it up!" richie exclaimed. "something fun!"

they all considered their different ideas, before you said, "truth or dare? actually, never mind. I think we're all tired of truths..." they chuckled and agreed.

"20 questions?" ben piped.

"what did i just say?" you all laughed again. then you grinned, "oh, i got it! seven minutes in heaven!"

"now that's what im talkin' about!" richie exclaimed, jumping to his feet. you giggled.

"lemme go get a hat. pick out your items, fellas."

when you returned, everyone put in their pieces secretly, no one allowed to look at anyone's. but you snuck a little peek, and nodded to the knowing losers after eddie had plopped in his inhaler. They grinned.

"alright, who first?" you hummed, shaking the hat in your hand, hearing rattling. they stayed silent. "aw, come on guys."

when mike caught eddie about to pipe up, he said, "me! i'll take this one for the team!" you all laughed at his enthusiasm as he jogged up. he made a show of shuffling his hand through, pulling out and raising high a walkman. "oh, benny boy..."

you all laughed and whooped teasingly as they entered the closet. you set your watch timer. "don't have too much fun, boys."

you all chittered and laughed for the seven minutes they were in there, and occasionally you'd hear them bark with laughter or make some kind of suggestive noise or phrase. it was extremely entertaining.

"alright lovebirds, it's time to put the clothes back on," you hummed, swinging the closet open. mike pretended to be slipping his shirt back on. you all laughed as they walked out.

"who's next?" you hummed.

"oh, i think miss idea master should have some fun," beverly winked. you raised your eyebrows.

"you just want a piece of this, marsh, don't deny it," you sighed dramatically, making them laugh and richie whistle as you shuffled through the hat. you whipped out a necklace of the star of david and stan's hand immediately went to where it usually resided in his pocket.