movies (richie tozier)

OOF i kept forgetting to publish this here so have a late valentines day fic

warnings: swearing, uh fluff

after getting ready for the day, you entered your kitchen and hit yourself in the face. you couldn't believe you had forgotten the date. on the counter sat a small heart-shaped box, with a little pink note on top. you moved toward the box and picked up the note, which had your mom's handwriting scrawled onto it, 'happy valentine's day, sweetheart. cathy got sick, so i'll be home by 5 tonight. you better tell me if you have an secret admirers, and share the chocolate with me :)'

you smiled and slipped the box of chocolates into your bag and wrapped your in your coat and scarf, making your way out of your apartment and starting your trek to school.

you hadn't even turned the corner when your friend marika joined you.

"happy day of disappointment!" she proclaimed. you laughed.

"what'd your parents get you this year?" you questioned, pulling your scarf tighter against your neck while snowflakes began to dance through the cold air.

"this cute ass pink teddy bear," she smiled. "my mom told me not to come home with any new girls because it's still family movie night."

"then come home with a boy," you laughed. she shook her head.

"i said that to her, and she just glared," she finished, still shaking her head. "you should come over. it's my dad's night to pick, and he loves having you over. you're the only person in all of derry who actually understands his old mysteries."

you chuckled. "sorry, my mom and i already have intentions of eating half-priced chocolate and binging romantic comedies."

"so just a regular valentine's day in the [last name] household," she snorted.

you rolled your eyes. "pretty much." when you turned another corner, the school building came into view, and you both were surrounded by other students grudgingly making their way to the building.

marika started to indulge you in a story of how she got a cute girl's number at the basketball game yesterday, when an elbow rested on your head. marika rolled her eyes while a familiar voice spoke, "you get shorter every day, [last name]."

you huffed. "hello to you, too, richie."

"so, princess," he continued, ignoring your comment, "got any plans for valentine's day?"

"yeah," you smiled. marika grinned beside you. you noticed eddie was to her left. 

you looked up at richie and saw him blink in surprise. he quickly recovered. "nice, nice. who's the lucky dude?"

"you wouldn't know him," you stretched. marika started to giggle, but richie wasn't paying attention to her.

"why not?" he scoffed.

"because he isn't real," you said, putting a hand to his layered chest and pushing him away a little so his elbow wasn't resting on your head.

he paused for a moment. "both marika and you are gay? damnit, why are all the hot girls not interested in men?!"

you laughed outright while marika and eddie rolled their eyes and shook their heads.

"no, no," you breathed, still giggling quietly. "i have plans with my mom. that's all."

he gave you a deadpan look, like, 'you really made me stress over nothing? thanks.'

you smiled at him. "why so curious, anyway?"