concessions (stan uris)

warnings: swearing, jealous jew

Watching you laugh with some boy who had come up to the concessions, Stan felt the overwhelming urge to dash up and full on make out with you in front of everyone. He was practically itching with the need to prove that you were his, to stop every boy ordering something from staring at your perfect body. But you had both mutually agreed to keep your relationship a secret until you were both ready.

Stan had managed to score himself a spot as a manager for the boy's basketball team. And because you wanted community service hours, you volunteered to work concessions. Luckily, the room where you sold said concessions was right outside of one set of double doors leading to the gym, so he had a perfect view of you from his spot in the gym.

You handed the boy who you were talking to his change and he went on his way, smirking. You caught Stan's eye and smiled, holding a finger gun up to your temple and tilted your head toward the retreating guy. He smiled despite his subsiding anger, chuckling to himself as he turned back to the game.

His gaze kept drifting back and forth between the game and whoever the boy of the minute was, jealousy bubbling inside of him. He hated when teams came from a few hours away, for they usually thought they owned the place just because they had never been to Derry before. Most of all, they had never seen you, and thought of you as some kind of bonus.

"Uris, could you go get Will a water?" the coach asked, not taking his his eyes off the game.

"Sure," Stan said, almost grinning as he jumped up and, as calmly as he could, made his way over to the concessions.

Two guys from the opposing JV team were already there, openly flirting and bragging. You tried to look politely interested, but instead looked incredibly bored and uninterested. Not that they noticed, anyway. Your friend Jill, a senior who often helped out with concessions, was stifling her laughter as she restocked the small fridge with soda.

Your face brightened when you saw Stan, your attention focusing solely on him instead of the players, who were telling you about some game they played last week.

"Stan! What can I get you?" you smiled and moved to the part of the counter he was standing at.

"Just a water for a player," he said, returning your smile.

You turned to the girl restocking the fridge. "Jill-" You cut yourself off to catch the water she threw at you. You turned back to Stan. "Here."

"Thanks," he said, taking the water from your hand. Your fingers brushed, sending electricity coursing through his body. He fought a smile as the opposing players glared at him. "I'll see you at half time rush?"

"It's not like I'm going anywhere," you laughed. He chuckled, too, and shot you another smile before walking off.

At half time, he helped give a small talk to the team before splitting off to visit you at concessions. He squeezed through the small crowd and entered the room.

"Great," you chuckled. "You can help us."

He rolled his eyes. "Does this get me community service?"

"Dude, I don't even consider this community service," Jill said as she handed some girl her change. "I think of it more as feeding the hungry."

He laughed, taking a seat on an empty stool.

"Comfy?" you asked as you grabbed a few water and handed them to the referees.

"As comfy as I can get on a cheap stool from the science room," he said.

"Good," you nodded. "Get up and hand me a Sprite and a Coke."

He rolled his eyes but did as he was told. He helped you guys for the few minutes he could, and had some fun while doing it. And by fun, I mean that he was making sure that any boy who even thought about your body knew that there was at least a tiny spark between you and him. Lingering gazes, your hands touching when he handed you something, accidentally touching your ass when he brushed past you. He loved watching as they slowly realized and couldn't contain their frowns.

When half time had three minutes left and the crow had fallen to just a few people, he said, "I'm heading back."

"Alright," you said, handing some little kid their hot dog. "Take a few waters with you."

Stan nodded and grabbed a few in one hand before ruffling your hair and stepping out of the small room you sold concessions in.

He kept stealing the occasional glance at you as the game progressed, but felt better now that he had scared some boys off. Between the third and fourth quarter, you caught his eyes. He noticed the lack of males trying to grasp your attention. You smiled and mouthed, "thank you," before helping a little kid who ran up with a bunch of quarters.

He smiled and congratulated himself before finally managing to focus completely on the game.