thanks (eddie kaspbrak)

Richie walked down the hallway with his usual boast and broadness,  Eddie walking beside him. The germaphobe walked with a lesser swagger, but just enough for an outsider to know that he belonged by the older one's side.

"Where did Stan say to meet him again?" Richie asked Eddie.

Eddie rolled his eyes. "The music room."

"Why?" Richie questioned.

Eddie resisted the overwhelming urge to hit his trashmouthed friend on the back of the head. "He said we needed to save him from staying after school with the music teacher."

Richie's face scrunched up. "Now I understand. The music teacher's a creep with no sense of righteousness."

"You're one to talk," Eddie scoffed as they neared the music room.

Richie opened his mouth to say something else, but was cut off by the music teacher yelling, "Alright, from the top!'

They stopped in the doorway. The music teacher's back was to them, but if Stan and whoever was with him looked to their right, they would see them. The two were sitting at a piano, Stan with his fingers positioned on the keys, the mystery person beside him, staring at some point on the wall. Eddie's heart sped up when he realized it was you.

You were a quiet kid from their science class. You were often caught daydreaming or simply staring aimlessly into space. But he had the opportunity to be partnered with you often, and learned that you were a sweet, gentle person. And soon enough, he found himself enjoying your presence immensely. He was thrilled to walk into science class and be able to stare at you, for you never really noticed anything around you. Luckily, his friends hadn't picked up on that factor.

Stan shot a glance at you and you turned your head to him, nodding with a small smile. His gaze drifted back down to the keys and your back to the point on the wall that you found so interesting. Softly and slowly, Stan began playing.

You waited a moment before starting to sing. Your voice was soft and lulling, much like your attitude. It was very smooth and almost uncaring, but gentle enough to imply you took pride in and/or enjoyed it. Eddie took an unsuspecting huff from his inhaler, causing Richie to roll his eyes.

"Stop, stop, stop!" the music teacher yelled. You and Stan looked back at him. He rubbed his forehead with one hand. "What was that?"

You both looked at each other in confusion.

"What do you mean, sir?" Stan questioned.

"The-the-the song," he said in frustration. "What was it?"

"Oh," you said, "it's called-"

"I don't care what it is, or who wrote it," he sighed in exasperation. "Sing the song I already gave to you!"

You nodded with an unmistakable frown. Stan shuffled his music to find the original piece.

Eddie cleared his throat from the doorway, causing you three to turn your gaze to him. Stan almost visibly wilted with relief.

"Can we help you?" the music teacher asked calmly.

"Uh, Stan's mother wants him home," Eddie said. "Something about a family emergency."

The music teacher took a calming breath. "Then I guess you should go, Stanley. Enjoy your weekend. [name], you as well. There's no point singing without music."

You and Stan said goodbye, then grabbed your bags and rushed out of the room. You closed the door behind you and let out a breath of relief.

"Thanks, guys," Stan sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Why were you there anyway?" Richie asked.

"We're always talking to each other in class," Stan smiled. "So as punishment, he makes us stay after to make up for the grades."

"But seriously," you breathed. "You two are amazing."

"Oh, you shouldn't be thanking me," Richie smirked. He nudged Eddie forward. "Eddie's the one with the quick thinking. I didn't do anything."

You giggled and turned to Eddie. "Then thanks, Eddie. You're a real lifesaver."

Eddie blushed. "No problem. Y-You have a lovely voice."

You smiled brightly. "Thanks."

Richie smirked widely at Eddie's heated up face, his gaze switching between you and him as you turned to say something to Stan. Eddie glared at him, but Richie just wiggled his eyebrows in response. Though his face heated up even more, Eddie rolled his eyes.

You bid farewell to Stan before turning to Eddie and Richie.

"Thanks again. I'll see you guys in science tomorrow," you grinned. You gave Eddie a quick kiss on his burning cheek before walking off.

Richie and Stan looked at him with identical smirks as Eddie stared after you, gaping and blushing furiously.

When you were far enough away, he glared back and forth between his friends. "I-I don't... You can't..." He groaned. "Shut up."

Richie busted out laughing.

Stan chuckled, "But we weren't talking."

"I-I can feel you judging me," he said defiantly. He stepped away. "Let's just go meet our friends."

Richie and Stan shared another knowing smirk before following the smaller boy. They couldn't wait to tell the other losers about this.