proper (mike hanlon)

warnings: just fluff :))

you were a derry phenomenon. you were classy elegant, your family being rich, pristine, and proper. you lived in derry's nicest house. why you even lived in derry was a phenomenon itself. but you were home schooled, therefore you didn't have any close friends. though, you did make it a point to go out in public each week at least once. because of this, you had met beverly marsh and michael hanlon, and became fairly close with them.

the other losers had no idea that bev and mike knew you. they saw you every once in a while in town, and returned the occasional greeting, or a smile, but none had ever really held a conversation with you. it was only when they saw them with you one day they actually pay attention to you.

mike had claimed that he was needed on the farm, so he couldn't make it to the quarry. beverly had said that her father was monitoring her closely as of late, and would rather not risk being caught sneaking out and in. they didn't question these excuses, for they were often used.

the remaining five losers had gone into town to find a good, uncrowded ice cream place to settle down after going to the quarry. they were discussing plans for tomorrow as they searched, when they heard familiar laughter. ben was the first who noticed it, knowing this laughter better than anyone else. when his head snapped to the side, everyone else's gazes followed. they were then greeted with the sight of you, mike, and beverly laughing while sitting in the outdoor garden of a small cafe.

mike was leaned back in his chair, his head thrown back with laughter while bev had fallen out of her chair, onto teh hard stone patio in the garden. the umbrella on the table was no longer protecting her head, but she was too lost in her fit of loud laughter to notice the hot sun beating onto her pale skin. your face had an undeniable grin etched onto it a you wiped ice cream off of your cheeks and chin with a napkin.

"you're wicked," you spoke, a breadth of a laugh just barely ghosting your tone.

bev's laughter ceased, and now she gulped at air, trying to fill her lungs of what they had lost. she shakily stood and placed her hands on the back of her metal chair, grinning and wiping the tears from her eyes and cheeks.

"now that," mike breathed. "is what we call a sneak attack." he high-fived bev as she sat back in her seat.

"how long have you two been planning on getting back at me?" you smiled.

"a long time," bev answered, looking utterly proud of herself.

you shook your head. "only villains hold grudges for that long."

"exactly," mike said. "fear us."

you rolled your eyes as he and bev chuckled.

you shook your head again. "laugh now, my friends. laugh now. but watch your backs in the future." you had a stare down with the two before lurching forward suddenly and threateningly, and beverly flinched back. you and mike started laughing as she groaned, sinking in her chair.

the losers ogled at how comfortable beverly and mike looked in the presence of someone so prim and proper. likewise, they were genuinely surprised at how relaxed someone so prim and proper was.

you were wearing a lovely pastel sundress that hugged your breasts nicely, before flowing loosely where the bright material met your small waist. along with that, you wore pristine gloves and shoes. the sunhat you had wore was accentuated with a pastel ribbon that matched the eye-pleasing color of your dress. this hat now laid, temporarily discarded, on the table by your cup of tea and scone. instead, on your head sat a sunflower crown that brightened your features. judging from the sunflower mike had been twirling in his hand, he had been the one to give it to you. your posture was naturally straight, your legs crossed at the ankles under the table. but somehow, you made this practiced position look comfortable and leisurely, and your easy smile made you seem at peace with the world.

you were all sitting in silence now, mike smiling and enjoying the light summer breeze that swept through, beverly smiling and admiring a primrose bush to her left, and you sipping at your tea while enjoying the presence of two amazing people while others chattered in the background, and the wavering scent of the sweets from the cafe drifting in the air.

the losers almost walked away from the tranquil scene, until a sharp beeping noise pierced the silent air. beverly suddenly sat straight and frowned, looking to the watch on her wrist.

"that's my cue," she sighed. "sorry to cut this short, guys but my dad'll be home soon, and he doesn't want me out today." she threw her small bag over her shoulder and stood.

you gave her a sweet smile. "it's all right. are you two busy next weekend?"

mike shook his head without so much as a thought. "it's summer, so a lot of people are finding jobs on the farm. now, i only have to work four days a week!"

you beamed. "that's wonderful!"

beverly glanced between the two of you smiling at each other. "it depends on my dad's work schedule next week. he's been switching between jobs lately, so it's unpredictable. i'll catch you when i have a definite time."

you nodded. "you know where to find me." you shot her a wink and she giggled.

"see you, dorks," she said, sending you both a wave over her shoulder as she walked away. when the gate to the garden closed behind her, and she was out of sight, mike leaned across the table and gently took your gloved hand in his rough, bare one. you smiled.

"how have you been?" you asked softly.

he smiled charmingly, scooting his chair closer to yours. "amazing, actually. especially now that we're alone."

your smile widened and your looked down to your laced fingers. "im sorry i couldn't go out the other afternoon. my mom won't stop insisting that i go to her book club meetings. they were talking about this weird romance that they were all swooning over, but it was obviously inferior to the princess bride."

mike chuckled with a nonchalant shrug and tilt of his head. "can't beat william goldman, can you?" you giggled. "it's fine that you missed it. my friends would've been suspicious anyway."

you let out a breath through your nose. "your friends sound spectacular."

he chuckled again. "they're... something." you smiled.

you both continued to talk in hushed, comfortable tones. your gaze was focused on tracing patterns into his palm with your silk-covered thumb. his eyes were switching between your features and your locked hands. though these actions were simple and innocent, you both radiated such love and warmth, it was clear as day for even richie to know that you both had been together for a while. you looked content, like this was nothing new, and you'd let it continued for a thousand years more if possible.

the boys became aware that they had been staring at your trio--now duo--for a while, and promptly walked away. a small, mischievous smirk arose to richie's face.

"so, homeschool got a girl before the rest of us?" he laughed. "except, ben, of course."

eddie blinked. "that's... kind of a sad thought."

"especially since it's the most sophisticated elegant girl in derry," stan added. bill frowned.

but ben was smiling brightly. "that's great for him! i wonder how they met! how long have they known each other? how long have they been together? we have some serious questioning to do!"

the others were a little surprised by this outburst, but then bill brightened as a thought crossed his mind.

"w-we c-could ask bev!" he beamed.

stan snorted, shaking his head. "she would know everything."

ben nodded enthusiastically. "she would tell us everything!"

ben, bill, and stan walked ahead of richie and eddie, discussing the things they would ask bev and coming up with theories about the relationship they just discovered. richie and eddie shot each other glances and walked behind them, listening into their conversation.

xtra-

"at least we know what we're doing tomorrow."