knock knock (stan uris)

a/n: sorry for not being alive in forever here's more stan shit

the losers were gathered in the tv room of their dorm around eleven pm, minus ben and stan, who insisted on getting proper sleep after studying. luckily, they shared a room, so no harm done. you were also missing, saying simply that you needed sleep. they didn't question it, for you've been swamped for a while, yet still managed to make time for them. they didn't blame you for taking the night off.

they were all stretched out on the couches and chairs in the room, playing a simple, (currently) innocent game of truth or dare. and then, beverly got an idea.

"bill," she smiled, attempting to look innocent. bill turned to her and only saw the look a predator gives its prey as she tilted her head and continued, "truth or dare?"

bill gulped. "d-dare?"

her cheshire grin grew. "i dare you to knock on [name]'s door and then run away before she answers."

his face heated up. "wh-why [name]?"

"dude, don't ask questions," richie snorted. "come on, feel lucky. i bet [name] looks smoking in her pajamas." he held his hand up for a high five, but eddie just rolled his eyes and mike shook his head with an amused chuckle.

"actually," bev mused, "[name] usually only wears a nightgown to bed."

bill's face got redder, if even possible. "o-only?"

bev attempted another innocent grin.

"dude," richie laughed, "i wish i was you."

bill just gulped and stood, albeit a little shakily. "guess it's n-now or never." he made his way to the hallway leading to you and bev's room.

they all watched him walk down the hall with his head help high with his remaining pride.

"holy shit, he's actually doing it?" richie whispered frantically. bev shushed him.

bill stopped in front of your door and took a breath. he looked back at them and nodded before knocking on your door and sprinting back to the tv room. he hid around the corner, and mike quickly jumped from the couch he was on to the arm of bev's chair as to not be spotted. luckily, they could see you, but you could not see them.

your door opened, and you peeked out. you were in your nightgown, as promised, but it wasn't too showy. your hair wasn't too much of a mess, but it was obvious you had been laying for a bit. you looked up and down the hall, before shaking your head and closing your door again.

they waited a minute before speaking again.

"damn," richie spoke first. "i was right."

the rest just kept staring at the door you were previously standing at.

"my turn!" bev declared, hopping off of her chair. no one commented, but shot each other amused, cautious glances as she quietly made her way down the carpeted hallway.

beverly looked back at them and knocked quickly before sprinting around the corner and hopping back onto the chair where mike was shaking his head with a grin.

this time, it took you a little longer to open the door. you looked out again and sighed, closing it.

"okay, okay, mike," bev whispered, pushing his shoulder. he shook his head.

"no, thanks," he chuckled softly. "i don't want to get butchered by an angry, sleep-deprived [name]."

eddie shrugged and stood, to everyone's surprise. "guess it's my turn, then." he walked cautiously down the hallway. when he finally reached your door, he took a breath. then he knocked on the door and stepped to the side. they all silently panicked. was he giving them away? but then you opened the door, and it shielded eddie from sight. you looked up and down the hall once more before closing it quickly. eddie put a hand on his heart and grinned with relief.

they all quietly clapped for him as he trekked back to the tv room.

"she was quick that time," bev commented. "whoever's next better be able to run fast. i have a feeling she's not gonna go lightly with that door."

"alright, guys," richie sighed, hopping up from the couch. "it's time for the master to work." he walked down the hall with his usual swagger, everyone staring after him in anticipation. he smirked back at them when he reached the door, and the quickly rapped his knuckles against the hard wood. but before richie could even move toward the others, a pissed stanley uris swung the door open and snatched his wrist. they all immediately held their breath.

he muttered something harshly yo a frozen richie, who chuckled stiffly and said, "w-we were just having fun!"

"piss. off," stan said unmercifully and let go of richie's wrist, shutting the door forcefully. richie walked stiffly back over to the tv room. he sat quietly next to eddie.

"woah," richie said, snapping the tight silence.

"so... so..," eddie trailed. "they're... dating?"

"ben must've known," bev said feverishly, rising from her seat with her scheming grin. "ben had to have known, or else he would've told me about stan not being there and-and those nights where [name] said she would be studying elsewhere and left the room, she must've..." she sat back down and seemed to snap out of her stupor as mike laughed. "what?"

"im sorry," he chuckled. "but you guys really didn't know?"